LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Associate
All set up. Looks so much larger in person, what a monitor this is!
http://imgur.com/a/2cQWpgo

Edit: I tried inserting an image and now the image tag seems to be stuck there :/
2cQWpgo

oh it's you on r/ultrawiedmasterrace :)

nice! like i said, love the air 540 :)

what's the IPS glow and backlight bleed like? what's your GPU? so many questions!

Associate
oh it's you on r/ultrawiedmasterrace :)

nice! like i said, love the air 540 :)

what's the IPS glow and backlight bleed like? what's your GPU? so many questions!

Hehe, knew it would only be a matter of time until a redditor connected the dots and replied here :')

I replied on reddit but I guess I'll go into a little more detail here-

GPU I upgraded concurrently to a 2080S from a 1070Ti. The most intensive game I've tested so far is Red Dead 2, and it's holding between 58-65fps at medium. I'll have to tweak the settings more and give it some more testing, but everything else I've chucked at it holds at 60 minimum, so I think it's just RDR2 being a bit of a beast on the PC.

As for backlight bleed/IPS glow, I think if anything I overstated it on the reddit thread. I've just tested it in the 'right' conditions, and for me at least, it's negligable (and I'm very particular about these things, as mentioned on reddit).

Regarding the Air 540- It took me so long to find a case I was happy with, and I've fallen in love with it. Had a Corsair C70 before this, and whilst it was a tank, cooling wasn't great. This gave me the space for an AIO and larger fans, and looks great too :D

Soldato
OP
I thought so too at first but it would make no sense for the fan to be spinning 24/7 when the monitor is off

I think that's how they operate. No real logic to the spinning up, but it's how it was on the 4K monitors that used the newer G-Sync module. Seems to bother some people more than others.

Man of Honour
The most correction from the profile is to the gamma curve so the visible difference will be minor. But make sure you’ve also set the corresponding monitor OSD settings

Soldato
I have one stuck pixel on my display on green, anyway of releasing this?

Over all the monitor feels very smooth, more so than my 100hz X34 even though the frames are slightly lower in my games is this just placebo?

IPS glow is acceptable but it's there. Will spend some more time with it tomorrow only had 30min's testing tonight

Soldato
Had a good play with this now and apart from my stuck pixel which is my next project to sort I'm really pleased with this monitor, back light bleed and IPS glow is minimal, I have a small bit of bleed on the bottom corners and small bit of glow on the top corners which can only be seen at night back light above 60 makes it worse which is fine.

The screen is huge, makes my X34 feel small which I didn't think I would say, it's the max you would want to go imo when it's sat 65cm from my nose. It feels hell of a lot smoother/faster than my X34 did which is the first thing I noticed and the colour's are nicer too.

So far it's a keeper, the nicest things are the panel size and the curve, just perfect.

Associate
Does anyone play PUBG on this monitor?

What DPI setting is your mouse for PUBG?
I tried 800 and it was far to slow. I currently use 1200 but still feel like I should increase it a little.

Associate
Hi, twice now my monitor refresh rate has switched to 85Hz in Windows 10 desktop and the colour to Y**4:2:2 and Limited range... trying to set it back to RGB does not work; and no higher refresh rates exist above 85Hz.
Rebooted the PC and it is back to normal - 160Hz, RGB and Full range...
I am using the DP cable that came with the monitor.
My graphics card is an Asus RTX 2080 Super EVO OC
Any ideas what is going on here please?

Back
Top Bottom