I collect and train battletoads, AMA

Permabanned
OP
Hello everybody, sorry for my lack of responses - apparently you can't post more than 15 times in 24 hours, so I have been keeping an eye on your questions and have responded as best as I can below :)

Posted from an IP in New Zealand.

If it appears like that it's because I'm using a Martian VPN that Elon Musk hooked me up with.

so how do you get a toad to weightlift? do you just but heavy things on top of them and see if they can squeeze out from under them?

They have miniaturised gym equipment that I have built by hand and 3D printed. As they get stronger they tend to outgrow the equipment so I have a number of different sets of equipment for each stage of a battletoad's journey to greatness.

What will you do once Captain Bucky O'Hare defeats the evil toad empire and bans battletoads?

Just lol at the idea that that hack could overthrow the glorious toad empire. You should stop licking toads.

I wonder how well one of these battletoads would fair against an ninja kickboxing slug?
1) Is there a seedy underground scene for unsanctioned battles?

2) How much would a Battletoad like Tank sell for as a stud for future generations? I imagine he's quite a hit with the ladytoads?

3) Is there an illegal market for betting on fights?

1). Yes, and without wishing to sound racist, the Pythagoreans of the Triangulum galaxy have a reputation for this. They rarely ever compete in sanctioned competitions but have a thriving underground network.

2). I mean each battletoad has free will, they aren't pets or slaves. Tank has a loving wife and three adorable baby toads but he is free to retire whenever he wants. I provide him with shelter, training, sustenance in exchange for working together as a team to defend the galaxy from evil.

3). Oh absolutely, just like most sports. Terry Moonbeam over on Mars is a notorious bookie for shady betting. The stories I could tell you about his henchman ripping the blorks off of degenerate Insectians... :o

I remember reading about that in the solar newspaper. If memory serves, wasn't they banned for two years for breaching licensing and financial fair play regulations?

Yes, they're often nicknamed the Manchester City of the Space Olympics!

If you kiss a Battletoad does it turn into a Battleprince?

And where do they fight? Battlefields? (If so, which one 1942 , 2,3,4 V?)

Only frogs have the gene that can transform them into a prince upon receiving a princess' kiss.

Most major competitions are held in arenas similar to the UFC but there is no cage. The location is decided on by petition to the IBCC who will adjudicate on each petition's pros and cons for the local and intergalactic economy.

I wonder how well one of these battletoads would fair against an ninja kickboxing slug?

There is a growing battleslug scene, which is mostly grassroots at the moment, but everybody knows battletoad would beat ninjaslug.

I have no words for what I have just read. Its one of the most bizarre things I have ever read on these forums and for that I love it. I mean you guys clearly really get into it. What I don't understand is how, I mean it's not exactly a normal thought process when you give up work...

For me, I just felt it deep in my bones as my calling. The 1991 video game Battletoads and the subsequent animated TV show had a major impact on my life, so when I found that I had a lot more free time I started researching it on the Dark Web and that's really what kickstarted it. Once I found Tank, we hit it off and formed a really strong working relationship. He showed me the secrets of intergalactic travel and I showed him how to unleash his hidden potential as the greatest battletoad since Zitz, Rash and Pimple (possibly even greater).

Who would win a fight between a battle toad and an otter? Feel free to expand your answer to both river and sea otters.

Unlike on Earth, the Lutrinae are actually a very reclusive species. They even went so far as to completely shun the Intergalactic Senate. They live undisturbed on their home planet of Sedgeluon IV and in relative terms little is known about their combat prowess. Given that they are fairly hostile to outsiders, it would be difficult to find out as if you visited them, I doubt you'd ever return.

Do they get winners belts to wear like boxers and wrestlers ?

If so, who makes the belts ?

I would hope such hard working amphibians are treated to the finest Italian leather work.

Oh absolutely! The IBCC sources the belts directly from Italy, which is regarded throughout the universe as having the finest leather, mozzarella and communicative gesticulations. The gold embellishments on the belts are mined from the vast natural resources of Heebliach which is located in the outer reaches of the Andromeda galaxy.

Associate
Can you confirm that Tank was responsible for over turning the armoured personal carrier on planet sires 7 last year.
Apparently he was said to be on holiday with the wife and kids, and whilst hopping around the waste grounds they accidently strolled into the army test range.
The APC driver was said to be oblivious that Tank and his kin were in the area and they could have been run over.
The crew survived but the APC was destroyed.
People say it was a mine - others do not.

Soldato
Im so glad you shared your story Richard! I've been looking for a new hobby so might jump on the dark web and do some research, it seems like Earth needs some more representation on the Intergalactic Battletoads Circuit!

This thread is the perfect antidote to some of the vile toxicity and bickering going on across these forums. Love it.

Definitely, really reminded me of how the forum used to be 10 years ago, just friendliness and stupidness :p

Permabanned
OP
Can you confirm that Tank was responsible for over turning the armoured personal carrier on planet sires 7 last year.
Apparently he was said to be on holiday with the wife and kids, and whilst hopping around the waste grounds they accidently strolled into the army test range.
The APC driver was said to be oblivious that Tank and his kin were in the area and they could have been run over.
The crew survived but the APC was destroyed.
People say it was a mine - others do not.

Tank and his legal representatives settled this matter out of court in November of last year, as such we consider the matter to be dealt with and would like to move on without further speculation as to how this incident occurred.

Im so glad you shared your story Richard! I've been looking for a new hobby so might jump on the dark web and do some research, it seems like Earth needs some more representation on the Intergalactic Battletoads Circuit!

Definitely, really reminded me of how the forum used to be 10 years ago, just friendliness and stupidness :p

That would be cool to have some extra representation, but don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're a fellow Earthling! I got started by opening Tor browser, then when I was on the dark web, I went to Google and started searching for Battletoad training. Be careful though, the dark web is a scary place.

Soldato
How can tank bench press 25kg? He looks like he weighs less than 2kg. Thats benching well over 10 times his body weight. Cant be done... Im comparing to humans i guess but still..

Soldato
How can tank bench press 25kg? He looks like he weighs less than 2kg. Thats benching well over 10 times his body weight. Cant be done... Im comparing to humans i guess but still..

Having come across some of Richards training logs for Tank on the Dark web, I think it's safe to say that the work they've both put in the get to the top of the game has to be applauded, it's not wonder he can bench 25kg with the attention to detail in regards to diet and weightlifting programmed they've followed.

Permabanned
OP
Having come across some of Richards training logs for Tank on the Dark web, I think it's safe to say that the work they've both put in the get to the top of the game has to be applauded, it's not wonder he can bench 25kg with the attention to detail in regards to diet and weightlifting programmed they've followed.

That's very kind of you! I hope my writings inspire you to greatness :)

Tank has saved the universe from certain destruction on at least three separate occasions and you don't believe that a battletoad of his calibre can bench 25kg?

Back
Top Bottom