BBQ Accessories

Soldato
Wrong time of the year I realise but managed to get hold of a Weber Master Touch for a decent price so now need to get the extras.

i have chosen this probe:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074XND445/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3OQHHR0H3SMZM&psc=1

Good reviews and a friend (who is actually a personal chef) said they were good for the price.

I have a cheap cover ready but need some BBQ tools, tongs etc does anyone have any decent quality recommendations at a reasonable price?

Also need charcoal, and smoking wood as well as rubs/sauces etc but realise this is personal preference.

Any help appreciated.

Soldato
Agreed not the wrong time of the year, I get smoking chips on Ebay. I'd love a good source of wood chips they seem expensive for what they are but the ones I find on ebay are the cheaper than supermarkets or buying branded wood chips.

for bbq tools, just get a wire brush which you can get any cheap DIY one for couple of quid, and then a set of metal tongs and a metal fice slice, you dont really need specific barbeque ones provided the ones you get are a decent enough size.

Charcoal really depends, I normally buy in my supermarket which is a tesco, but tesco own branded briquette are rubbish, they do a fuel express brand which is better. Briquettes or lumpwood depending on what im coooking.

I also use fire lighter blocks to get it started, again, dont go for BBQ specific ones, just get general household domestic fire lights they are much cheaper.

Soldato
Oh, forgot to say - Charcoal... Try your local butchers. Ours all seem to keep a few sacks out the back whenever I ask, which is often around Christmas/New Year.

GIVE PEAS A CHANCE
Despite going past it almost every day since 1980-something, I still smile every time at that bridge!! :D

Soldato
Oh, forgot to say - Charcoal... Try your local butchers. Ours all seem to keep a few sacks out the back whenever I ask, which is often around Christmas/New Year.

Despite going past it almost every day since 1980-something, I still smile every time at that bridge!! :D

It doesn't actually exist anymore someone went over it, shame because it had been there for years.

Soldato
Soldato
The boxes of Big K restaurant charcoal can usually be found on offer somewhere and are decent quality and size. I tend to use those for grilling and Aussie Heat Beads for low n slow. I just bulk buy when they're on offer and stick the boxes in the shed. I get my wood for smoking from Grilling Wood on Amazon for about £20 or ProSmokeBBQ. I find a Thermapen is handy as well as the wireless monitor and, as above, a chimney is a god send for lighting.

Also.. Wrong time of the year for BBQing? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Enjoy the Master Touch, it's a fantastic piece of kit! :)

Associate
i have one off thes, which i find useful

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2015/11/08/bbq-vortex-review/

i have the original version of this

https://www.bbqandsmoke.co.uk/collections/adrenaline-barbecue-company/products/slow-n-sear-plus

which i like because it all welded. not so sure about the pop riveted one

also get a Thermapen to check temps

going to buy some of these this year, to see what they like

https://www.bbqandsmoke.co.uk/colle...-company/products/grillgrates-for-slow-n-sear

but then i'm also going to upgrade/buy another BBq this year, either a Kamado or a weber summit

Associate
I'd get an Inkbird Instant read rather than a thermapen: This one

It works just as well as a thermapen but is about a third of the price.

Truthfully, even cheap probe thermometers are very accurate. The difference, and to me it's a big one, is the speed at which they give you the actual temperature. Nothing is as fast as a thermapen. I don't want to spend 30 seconds to a minute to see what the temp is.

Soldato
Truthfully, even cheap probe thermometers are very accurate. The difference, and to me it's a big one, is the speed at which they give you the actual temperature. Nothing is as fast as a thermapen. I don't want to spend 30 seconds to a minute to see what the temp is.

The Inkbird is instant read too, it takes about 4-5 seconds for a reading, hence my recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom