Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
They need big changes to how the flea market operates next patch. Definitely need found in raid only items that cannot be listed would be a start. I'm sitting on 50 million rubles right now and that's after purchasing a thicc case 2 days ago. With a maxed out hideout, i'm just generating free money. Scav runs on reserve or interchange when playing solo and keeping all the loot to myself is far to profitable for pretty much zero risk.

Soldato
Thermals + woods + top tier ammo = angry players :D

Thermals don't need to be removed, just restricted, either by cost, quantity or usage (battery)

It's 200k to take in a thermal, my bitcoin farm makes me 600k a day without trying, that's 3 thermals a day I can lose and not give a damn. Then there is water/moonshine production on top.

Additionally, for every 5 thermals I lose, I probably get two back on insurance.

Soldato
Thermals + woods + top tier ammo = angry players :D

Thermals don't need to be removed, just restricted, either by cost, quantity or usage (battery)

It's 200k to take in a thermal, my bitcoin farm makes me 600k a day without trying, that's 3 thermals a day I can lose and not give a damn. Then there is water/moonshine production on top.

Additionally, for every 5 thermals I lose, I probably get two back on insurance.

Do you think the game would be lacking if they weren't available though? They pretty much negate the use of any camouflage or tactical sneaky play.

Soldato
They need big changes to how the flea market operates next patch. Definitely need found in raid only items that cannot be listed would be a start. I'm sitting on 50 million rubles right now and that's after purchasing a thicc case 2 days ago. With a maxed out hideout, i'm just generating free money. Scav runs on reserve or interchange when playing solo and keeping all the loot to myself is far to profitable for pretty much zero risk.
Can i have some of them roubles please? :D

Soldato
make the thermals raid item only, rare and not allowed to be traded on the flea market. have it so traders can buy them but not listable on the flea market. set a hard limit on how many can be in the game/inventories at any one time. as one gets sold to a trader/permanently lost in game another becomes available in a raid somewhere. no idea how practical that would be on the dev side but would make them super rare - assuming the in game limit is set sufficiently low. players can then either risk using them or cash them in. having versions of them on the flea market for ~150k is just silly imo.

Soldato
Do you think the game would be lacking if they weren't available though? They pretty much negate the use of any camouflage or tactical sneaky play.

Rather than remove them, they need thermal restricted clothing similar to what was in Arma 3. You'd get thermal snipers sitting on hills, you'd counter by wearing thermal camo'd clothing.

I don't mind if they're removed, I only really use them when i'm having a bad run and want some gratifying kills or I have specific tasks for which they're well suited.

make the thermals raid item only, rare and not allowed to be traded on the flea market. have it so traders can buy them but not listable on the flea market. set a hard limit on how many can be in the game/inventories at any one time. as one gets sold to a trader/permanently lost in game another becomes available in a raid somewhere. no idea how practical that would be on the dev side but would make them super rare - assuming the in game limit is set sufficiently low. players can then either risk using them or cash them in. having versions of them on the flea market for ~150k is just silly imo.

Should be easy enough, labs cards are single use.

Associate
ReapIR was balanced last wipe with the low refresh rate. It was far more expensive too. It's a joke how cheap and easy to use it is now.

The FLIR is ok, good info but not easy to use. At 100k it's a joke how cheap it is though.

Soldato
Should be easy enough, labs cards are single use.
ah yes of course. forgot about them as i never fekking see them now or insta die if my scav spawns with one lol

would be the simplest fix in my opinion. make they so rare they are prized and a big deal if you come across one. trader sales only for big bucks means the scrub like me who is pee poor at the game either uses it in the hope they can get some kiils and good gear or i can punt it on and buy gear i'm more comfortable losing.
with the amount of 'bad press' they are getting currently, even with the big tarkov streamers, i'd expect some sort of change will eventually drop.

Soldato
I had a couple of 100k thermals i got from killing people and didn't really like them. Low range, low refresh rate and impossible to determine friend or foe. Ended up selling them.

Soldato
ah yes of course. forgot about them as i never fekking see them now or insta die if my scav spawns with one lol

On the flipside, I killed two scavs on shoreline last night, had a keycard each :) Also found a bitcoin in a stash box, fairly decent raid.

I had a couple of 100k thermals i got from killing people and didn't really like them. Low range, low refresh rate and impossible to determine friend or foe. Ended up selling them.

I think that's the RS32? It's not great. The Reap IR is fairly good, not much zoom but clearer refresh. I'll be honest, i'm likely to use with with my Osiris or DVL to get the shooter born in heaven task completed.

It can be insta-death for team mates if they wander in front without telling you though.

Soldato
I think 3 is the magic number, it doesn't get too hectic but you can cover most angles.

Solo is easier if you're ratting...which I admit i do a lot, gets lonely though :(

I find solo easier to get kills. Maybe it's who I've played with or just my playstyle but I like to shoot anything that moves so unless I know where teammates are accidents happen with poor coms and I feel bad :D. I've always got chat to keep me company/bully me so I'm not too lonely thankfully on solo.

Back
Top Bottom