• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Turbo bins for 10th Gen Intel

Soldato
Intels pricing is ridiculous

actual listings have gone Live and the bottom end 10600 non k is $250usd (before tax) Look how many models are above it

Soldato
How can a 6 core have the same TDP as a 10 core? Over 50% more cores at the same TDP? Jog on Intel.
Same with the ryzen 5 3600 and the ryzen 9 3900 non x both are 65w I guess its measured at base frequencies with the 12 core part having a much lower base clock.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Why are there so many different versions of the same chip? the 10900 doesnt need 4 different versions.

I suspect its just to try look like they have a lot of top end offerings, when really its just 1, and that 1 is bad anyway

Soldato
Still on 14++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
giphy.gif

Soldato
Why are there so many different versions of the same chip? the 10900 doesnt need 4 different versions.
The non-k, and the k version for overclocking.
Of course, we need to have the duds being sold as F variant to try and get some more cash. Meaningfully lower price? Nah. :D
Wonder if they’ll push out a T variant also.

Soldato
never try and challenge a AMD Warrior in full battle.:p

Haha +1

Still find it hilarious that intel's 5 year old 14nn architecture and 4.5 year old Skylake (cometlake) is still the fastest CPU for games.

Granted intel runs hot and uses more power, though can't deny it's still faster for games

Soldato
Haha +1

Still find it hilarious that intel's 5 year old 14nn architecture and 4.5 year old Skylake (cometlake) is still the fastest CPU for games.

Granted intel runs hot and uses more power, though can't deny it's still faster for games

You make it sound like it's the case for every single game when it isn't. It is however the fastest for some games :)

Soldato
What is Max Turbo 3.0 if it is not Single Core but boosts higher?

Would have thought they might have introduced a higher boosting lower core part (i5) to target gaming builds.

Soldato
But buh single core performance......

Is actually lower!!!

there are 10700k Cinebench20 single thread scores floating around, the 10700k which boosts up to 5.1ghz only gets 490 score, a 9900KS gets 520 score with only 5ghz and a 9900k gets 500 score and a 3950x gets 530 score.

The new chips have slower single core due to hardware vulnerability fixes. It's the exact same thing that happened to Cascade Lake, the new vulnerability fixes have reduced single core performance by 5 to 10%.

So Intel fans who've constantly been rooting how about how good their single core performance is for games, they better hope more games use 8+ cores because those single core dependent games wil run slower on 10th gen CPUs than 9th gen CPUs.

I predicted this exact outcome by making several posts about it on these forums several months back - I said the 9900KS will continue to be Intels best gaming CPU and 10th gen would be slower and now look what we have, Voila!

Last edited:
Associate
I wonder if Intel will be only offering a 1 year warranty on these Chips as they do with the 9900KS unlike the 3 year warranty that they usually offer.
This due to the fact that they are stretching every ounce of power out of this architecture.

Back
Top Bottom