Actual favourite chocolate bar?

Associate
Has anyone ever found a current choccy bar which is in the same league as the discontinued Cadbury's Old Jamaica? I'm talking classic rum and raisin with darkish chocolate? I see the Aldi rum and rasin bar mentioned above, but that looks like its milk chocolate and with nuts as well. It's like a mission of mine to find something as close as possible to the old Cadbury's stuff, for my dad.

This one is very nice, £1 from Sainsbury's:-

https://www.ritter-sport.de/en/products/detail/Rum-Raisins-Hazelnuts

Soldato
Not a choco bar but interesting art work...

We just had the chocolate Centrepiece for England team's culinary Olympics arrive back in the office today in mostly one piece (was in Stuttgart).

I'll grab a snap of her in action at the competition from someone later. Absolutely beautiful art piece and they dont even get marked on it!

20200221-083212.jpg
Screenshot-20200221-140202-Instagram.jpg

Soldato
Here we go:

86697044-880513705742574-6035450823599718400-n.jpg

87268493-880513642409247-5704717043064897536-n.jpg
Amazing work. Made at your workplace? I watched a few episodes a few months ago of chocolate artists making similar extravagant works for private functions. One was of a female pop star for a birthday party. Akmost as good as a Madam Tussauds sculpture. When they cut through the chocolate it was filled with cake.
They must get paid a fortune when commissioned for those.

Soldato
Amazing work. Made at your workplace? I watched a few episodes a few months ago of chocolate artists making similar extravagant works for private functions. One was of a female pop star for a birthday party. Akmost as good as a Madam Tussauds sculpture. When they cut through the chocolate it was filled with cake.
They must get paid a fortune when commissioned for those.

The chef who made it doesnt work for the company but the Team coach does, so all their equipment/ingredients/stuff passed through here. I was also lucky enough sit down for the teams practice run.

I recently changed career and work in food innovation and I must admit that my mind is blown on a regular basis.

Here are some poorly taken pictures of the chocolate desserts and petit fours served at the meal. Entries are made in restaurant condition under time while doing the other courses too!

Associate
A regular bar of dairy milk does me fine, on occasion I buy a bar of the Lindt Lindor chocolate, but find it so sickly after 1 piece.

I do miss the Turkish delight dairy milk they did though.

Back
Top Bottom