Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
Had a result with a Logitech G602 mouse I bought 13 months ago. It stopped responding and I reckon the receiver is knackered because it wasn't detected by Logitech's re-connection utility when I tried to pair it with the mouse again. Strangely, Win10 shows it in device manager as being OK. I downloaded the firmware updater util out of interest and that couldn't detect it either. Whatever, I opened a chat with Amazon and explained and they agreed to send me a replacement tomorrow.

Soldato
Had a result with a Logitech G602 mouse I bought 13 months ago. It stopped responding and I reckon the receiver is knackered because it wasn't detected by Logitech's re-connection utility when I tried to pair it with the mouse again. Strangely, Win10 shows it in device manager as being OK. I downloaded the firmware updater util out of interest and that couldn't detect it either. Whatever, I opened a chat with Amazon and explained and they agreed to send me a replacement tomorrow.
I did this with a £1300 Sony soundbar that Sony laughed at me at and said it was out of warranty and that I would have to pay lots for a repair.

Amazon gave me a full refund in 30mins via chat.

I'm happy for amazon to take more of my data, with my agreement. Customer obsessed.

Meanwhile I have no Sony products in my house and never ever will do again.

Plus their delivery rocks in South Cheshire.

Soldato
Since when did they start taking payment before delivery ? ordered an external drive that was on offer last week, was a popular deal so delivery wasn't expected until next month yet they took the money, the drives are back in stock too now at regular price so no idea why they haven't delivered

Soldato
Since when did they start taking payment before delivery ? ordered an external drive that was on offer last week, was a popular deal so delivery wasn't expected until next month yet they took the money, the drives are back in stock too now at regular price so no idea why they haven't delivered

Which payment method did you choose? Only ever happened to me when using the Amazon CC.

Man of Honour
Well I joined Amazon Prime yesterday and so far impressed.
Ordered an item around 5pm yesterday and it's already arrived and through my Fire TV I can say "Alexa show me front door (or drive)" and my Blink cameras go live.

Soldato
Not sure if this is relevant to this thread but here goes
Just had over 12 phone calls from`Amazon`this morning that cut off the second the answerphone kicks in,Scammers maybe?Asking us to press `1` lol

Man of Honour
Not sure if this is relevant to this thread but here goes
Just had over 12 phone calls from`Amazon`this morning that cut off the second the answerphone kicks in,Scammers maybe?Asking us to press `1` lol

The old "we have taken out £39.99 for Prime, please press 1 to cancel“. I tried to tell them there isn't a £39.99 option but they put the phone down.

Man of Honour
Yeah my parents have been having that call for the last ~2 weeks sometimes 3-4x a day it is driving them mad - they can't easily block it as it is from different numbers.

Soldato
Anyone watch the Panorama about Amazon the other day? I know they've been in the business of customers data since the beginning but the amount of data they capture now and plan to capture in the future is getting a bit worrying, add to that the way they treat their employees and it is starting to make me think that I shouldn't use them so much. It's just so damn convenient and everything you search for just goes straight to Amazon now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000fjdz/panorama-amazon-what-they-know-about-us

There is a written version on the BBC News app as well.

Soldato
Amazon Prime member in the US here. New motherboard arrived yesterday. It wasn't in a cardboard box - they had just stuck the shipping label directly on the mobo box. And the box wasn't even sealed :O It looks fine and the box wasn't even scratched, but I'll find out tomorrow if it actually works. I suspect it was a returned one, but even so, I've never had anything arrive like that!

Soldato
Anyone watch the Panorama about Amazon the other day? I know they've been in the business of customers data since the beginning but the amount of data they capture now and plan to capture in the future is getting a bit worrying, add to that the way they treat their employees and it is starting to make me think that I shouldn't use them so much. It's just so damn convenient and everything you search for just goes straight to Amazon now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000fjdz/panorama-amazon-what-they-know-about-us

There is a written version on the BBC News app as well.

Yes and I didn't really like their attitude, seemed too cocky with answer for everything, kings of spin. Sooner they get charged more tax / comparable to the level of sales their doing here rather than clever accounting to diminish their profits here and instead pay some tax elsewhere, the better all round to even out the playing field.

Back
Top Bottom