Star Trek: Picard

Soldato
This is nearly as bad as the first 2 series of TNG. There is hope but not a lot.

I finally got through season 1 last night, I thought it was better than Picard has been so far, tonight I begin season 2 of my long slog

I think we could all agree that if this series didn't have Picard and had somebody else in his place but keeping the same writing/story then it would be a very below average star trek series

Soldato
What the HELL LoLOlOlo

Rick and Morty levels of wtf. You son of a bitch im in!

This is Star Trek right?!

It actually feels as bad as new Star Wars. What an achievement of failure.

Not sure about Star Wars, I think at times it was drifting into Spaceballs with the attempted comedy.

Soldato
Are you the same as you were 21 years ago?

I don't understand why people don't get this. 2 Decades have passed!

20 Years ago I was a quiet shy guy who used to sit in my room playing on My Sega Dreamcast & PS2 all day in my mums attic bedroom, I had no job and used to feel nervous phoning for a Pizza.

Now I'm an outgoing, argumentative, stubborn git who spends all day renegotiating contracts with business customers, haven't been out of work for 14 years & have a wife, a kid & two properties.

20 years is a long time, people change, especially due to major life events.

Caporegime
While i think the show is ok i can only imagine that Gene Roddenberry is doing somersaults in his grave at this portrayal of the future in Star Trek (or he would be if he hadn't been cremated). It really is more Bladerunner like vs the sunshine and rainbows portrayal in TNG, though it's probably a more realistic portrayal in this.

The opening was a real "wtf" moment to say the least. Borg cube next ep so things should hot up from there on.

Is it just me or did raffi's sons wife look the most Romulan of the Romulans we've seen so far? More of a tng appearance than most that have appeared.

Soldato
Is it just me or did raffi's sons wife look the most Romulan of the Romulans we've seen so far? More of a tng appearance than most that have appeared.

Yes she did, that's a proper TNG look. There were one or two last episode in the background too.

I always preferred the darker TNG episodes & I really enjoyed this one. As for that opening, some research went into that one as it links in to a Voyager episode titled "imperfection"

Caporegime
Cant help but feel that the hardware dealing woman should have been injected to be assimilated. Be a bit of an ironic end for her with her business partners scrapping her for parts.:p

Soldato
ugh im struggling with this program tbh

i think they have some quite good story ideas but the execution is not great
also Rick n Morts has ruined anything with a teamup / heist forever :D (YSOABII)

borg body part harvesting pretty kewl
7of9 blowing people up and guns blazing - WTF this is terrible and really not star trekky at all

ugh im struggling with this program tbh

i think they have some quite good story ideas but the execution is not great
also Rick n Morts has ruined anything with a teamup / heist forever :D (YSOABII)

borg body part harvesting pretty kewl
7of9 blowing people up and guns blazing - WTF this is terrible and really not star trekky at all

She was upset by the death of Itchy and Scratchy.

Soldato

I don't think it's meant to be, they are operating in an area of space that the Federation has abandoned a decade & a half ago after "The Romulan Neutral Zone Collapsed", these aren't the crew of a Federation ship we are watching here, the group she is in probably has more in common with the Maquis.

**** happens & people change, i'm sure if someone took your adopted kid apart for what is effectively organ harvesting you'd also love to vaporise them not invite them around for a cup of tea and a bit of forgiveness.

I'm quite looking forward to next weeks as from the trailer I get the impression that -

all hell breaks loose on the Borg cube

Soldato
What I always find funny in some star trek episodes. I think it's happened in all series, is that the ships firing phasers, miss.
Surely even at high impulse speeds tracking would be simple as basic physics. How they miss is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom