Caroline Flack RIP

Caporegime
From the blood reference? Nope, she self harmed. There was a photo of blood in the flat printed in the press she’s just saying it was her blood.

Soldato
Some people are actually stronger than others a lad i went to school with topped himself and he was the last person you would ever imagine doing it he was a real mans man good looking loads of girls fancied him but then a few set backs in life and he just couldn't cope.

I have always felt that people with chronic or long term depression are less likely to randomly top themselves because they are used to feeling down and dealing with issues as they arise. (They may well eventually just give up on life, but perhaps not so much on a whim)

It is perhaps the successful people who have an unexpected and sudden set back that are more likely to do so spontaneously, especially if they feel that the setback is an unrecoverable one.

Me, I always remind myself of the line from "The Horse and his Boy" (One of the Narnia books that has not yet been made into s film)

The runaway Princess, about to kill herself, is saved by her Narnian Horse (who had up until this point kept quiet about it)

"My Lady, do not destroy yourself. While you live you might yet have good fortune but the dead are all dead alike"

:)

Soldato
This just smells of “she walked into the door” to be honest.

Have you ever done that?

Easy to do at night if you go to the bog without switching the light on!

I did it once, Bloody hurt, nearly broke my nose and had a massive shiner the next day (Cue all the work jokes about the other guy looking worse! :cool: )

(It is the edge of the door that you walk into, Catches you vertically, and hard, right down the side of the face!)

Soldato
+1

One of the wealthiest “have it all” types I’ve ever encountered killed himself a few years ago, to this day nobody knows why, he literally had it all, fabulous lifestyle - with none of the media crap that a “celebrity” has to put up with - self-made guy, beautiful wife, daughters, toddler son, collection of Classic Fast Fords and Porsche’s, on the surface he had everything, happy go lucky (we thought) no history or knowledge of depression.

Hung himself after seeing his eldest daughter's graduation,all he left was a letter saying sorry with no other explanation.

We thought something terrible would come out subsequently to explain it perhaps, maybe his business would suddenly report massive fraud or whatever, to this day nothing, the business has gone from strength to strength but the family left hugely damaged by the shock which I doubt will ever go away.

We never got the chance to give him any support, he was to all intents & purposes the last person on this earth you'd have thought needed any,

That must have been terrible for his family. How sad, I wonder what drove him to it.

Permabanned
So it was domestic abuse then imagine the other way around a male celebrity on a woman the twitter lynch mob would be out pitchforks ready their would be no criticism of the media or the CPS only that he should be going away for years.

I have been in an abusive relationship and i too sense the red flags. Everyone is trying to butcher me but i have been there for all three forms of abuse and even when i dumped her out of desperation to escape it i then had to deal with reverse acusations and white knights as she was also a skilled liar which made this harder.

What happened here is what i wished would have happened to me because when the police and proof are involved this is kyrptonite to an abuser. An abuser does not fear you or being left, They fear being discovered and losing the benefit all men give women everytime.

Associate
I have always felt that people with chronic or long term depression are less likely to randomly top themselves because they are used to feeling down and dealing with issues as they arise. (They may well eventually just give up on life, but perhaps not so much on a whim)

It is perhaps the successful people who have an unexpected and sudden set back that are more likely to do so spontaneously, especially if they feel that the setback is an unrecoverable one.

Me, I always remind myself of the line from "The Horse and his Boy" (One of the Narnia books that has not yet been made into s film)

The runaway Princess, about to kill herself, is saved by her Narnian Horse (who had up until this point kept quiet about it)

"My Lady, do not destroy yourself. While you live you might yet have good fortune but the dead are all dead alike"

:)
Yeah life is precious look at people with terminal illness most are desperate to live and would give anything for more time and fight it right to the last she didn't need to kill herself because of some bad headlines in the press she had a better life than probably everybody on these forums.

Soldato

What can seem spontaneous to the public or to friends and family of the person may well have been a much longer-term issue they weren't aware of, however.

Soldato
What can seem spontaneous to the public or to friends and family of the person may well have been a much longer-term issue they weren't aware of, however.

Also true, everybody can also be vulnerable to that final straw.

I recall a sad case reported some years ago where a young woman topped herself completely unexpectedly because she came home from the hairdressers with a hairdo that had gone bad.

It was only afterwards that people discovers that there were other far more serious matters that had been troubling her!

:(

Soldato
Not when the media is involved.

They are standing outside sharping their knives.

They are but they are only doing that because there is a market for their stories and the responsibility for that lies with those who buy the papers and click the links.

While I have a tremendous amount of sympathy for anyone with mental health issues and especially ones which lead to such a tragic outcome I think the hammering of the media needs a bit of context. Celebrities who are essentially famous for being famous and use the media to raise their profile surely cannot be shocked when their actions generate media interest?

If you have a profile as she did for reasons as she did and you subsequently have to have the police round because you have banjoed your partner and got yourself arrested I think you have to be aware of the consequences of that. If you want people to be interested in the "nicer" aspects of your life they will inevitably be interest in the darker side too.

Soldato
Also true, everybody can also be vulnerable to that final straw.

I recall a sad case reported some years ago where a young woman topped herself completely unexpectedly because she came home from the hairdressers with a hairdo that had gone bad.

It was only afterwards that people discovers that there were other far more serious matters that had been troubling her!

:(

I've read more than a few suicide notes/blogs/messages/letters due to my job, I think the thing that always strikes me is just how long so many of these people have suffered before they eventually reach the end of what they can cope with. They'll have suffered for years with mental health problems and severe depression, spoken to people, received support, been prescribed drugs, perhaps found themselves on the wrong side of the law due to their actions; eventually for some no amount of support is going to make things better and they realise it. It's very sad and it's certainly no way to live, or to die.

But then you also get the ones whose problems didn't seem quite so severe and had shown no previous signs of suicidal thoughts, they say they're popping out to get milk and they don't come back. Nobody ever finds out why.

Don
Indeed Celebrities only exist because people are interested in there lives, good or bad. Laura Whitmore may find that out to her cost if she finds herself removed from celeb mags because of her complaining about it.

Man of Honour
I have always felt that people with chronic or long term depression are less likely to randomly top themselves because they are used to feeling down and dealing with issues as they arise.

This is my own personal experience, it's as though no matter how down I am I have safeguards in place with the biggest being I know how much suicide can upset the family, this is the first thing I think about.
However none of my immediate family would be surprised if I did it but a 1000 'Friends' on Facebook would be gobsmacked.
I'm not one to talk about it to people I know, I never comment on depression Facebook threads and I certainly don't post depression memes.

Caporegime
Indeed Celebrities only exist because people are interested in there lives, good or bad. Laura Whitmore may find that out to her cost if she finds herself removed from celeb mags because of her complaining about it.

I do wonder if Flack’s management immediately blaming the CPS and not really saying much about the media was rather telling. They’ve perhaps built her up using those very same publications people are attacking - some celebs are simply famous because of their acting/singing etc... others have also relied on engineered appearances in glossy mags/tabloids... getting papped regularly and plenty of times as a result of someone actively letting photographers know person X will be in place Y at 6pm etc...

Soldato
Cipriano video seems to predominately blame CPS for making an example of her, although from the comment 10", that she had texted him and said she would have to plead guilty - it sounds as though she accepted she was.
Embarrassment/shame to acknowledge that in public, is what he attributes subsequent action too, and earlier depression.
I'm not sure I agree that the public and media are not sympathetic when a 'celebrity' does come clean, as he suggests they aren't,
yes the have to accept a fall from grace.

Soldato
she had texted him and said she would have to plead guilty - it sounds as though she accepted she was.

Not necessarily at all,

Defending oneself in court is horrendously expensive and traumatic and can take, literally, years out of your life. (Only the super rich or career criminals with no money have access to really good legal representation. Middle class people are totally stuffed by the system)

I am sure that a lot of people who feel they are not guilty take the "Easy way out" simply to avoid the hassle and expense.

(Not to mention the risk of a heavier sentence if found guilty at the end of it than you might have got from a simple guilty plea and some crocodile tears right at the beginning! )

Soldato
listen too video in context ...cipriano ackowedged he had been guilty, and would have said if he thought it was an injustice on her,
which is why i didn't raise that possibility,
his potential prosection had extenuating circumstances, which would probably have been true for her too.

Soldato
I never said she had no reasons, I said they are minor issues compared to others. But fair enough all you defensive white knights can have the thread to yourself then and talk a bunch of soppy bs about her
You don't get it. A minor issue to one is the end of the world to another. We are all different, and therefore react, behave, and deal with things differently.

You have no right to say hers or anyone elses issues were/are minor (and this general view goes to a few other extremely poor comments within this thread).

Back
Top Bottom