• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to disable Ray-Tracing?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
You could also try running some benchmarks like heaven/valley which will just tax the GPU, and compare to similar GPU scores to see if it's performing as it should

Soldato
OP
Guys,

Should I order a GPU for testing, I was looking at a 1050ti STRIX to see how that fairs?

Could it even be my new SSD? Its in the second slot on the motherboard, not the top one just below the CPU and above the GPU?

I have just done a fresh install on the system W10 and BFV is still the same for FPS :(

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Guys,

Should I order a GPU for testing, I was looking at a 1050ti STRIX to see how that fairs?

Could it even be my new SSD? Its in the second slot on the motherboard, not the top one just below the CPU and above the GPU?

I have just done a fresh install on the system W10 and BFV is still the same for FPS :(

did you run benchmarks like heaven and valley at the ultra preset to see if your current gpu is hitting the right score?

Soldato
OP
did you run benchmarks like heaven and valley at the ultra preset to see if your current gpu is hitting the right score?

Downloading now.

Something is wrong for sure! Since my fresh install, every 5 mins or so im getting a black screen for 3-4 seconds now :S

ljt

ljt

Soldato
@rip-the-jacker You're a little low on the scores for a 2080 Super, should be just over 20,000 medium and 7,000 extreme respectively.

However your windows build is way out of date (i'm on 18363) So make sure you're windows updates are fully complete.

Did you also install the AMD chipset drivers?

You can also try (if you haven't already) set the option in Nvidia control panel to "prefer maximum performance" in power management.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
it's not just some power setting to turn the monitor off after 5 mins is it? perhaps it was reset when you installed windows?

Or is it black screening while you're doing something?

Soldato
OP
Still no joy..and nothing obvious coming into the "event viewer".

I have decided to send back the 2080s and order a 1660s to hold me over until new GPUs (3000 series) are released sometime this year.

Will report back how I get on once I receive the new part!

Back
Top Bottom