• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
appreciate the help everyone
Capture.png

I don't own an Asrock board but on both my Asus boards when i use XMP or DOCP i still have to raise the dram voltage from stock of 1.35 to 1.36v. Maybe higher in your case. That is on 3200MHz speed. I also have a MSI A320 and it just sets everything by itself when using DOCP for the same RAM sticks. The voltage is set automatically to 1.36v.

Soldato
When it was OK... What reason would you update a bios?? What would you be fixing if its OK??

In the beginning the board wouldn't accept XMP settings and getting your 8 PACK 3600 RAM to run at stock, required manual entry of timings with SoC 1.1v. Subsequent BIOS's have added functionality and changes to PBO etc plus AGESA's as Minstadave says. I've always had to tweak SoC on every BIOS. We knew for early adopters the BIOS were immature and subsequent BIOS's would bring stability etc so I updated from BIOS's where I was using temp fixes to get it stable. But the last BIOS has introduced the BIOS not loading and loading default. I've fixed it now by bumping the SOC further.

Soldato
In the beginning the board wouldn't accept XMP settings and getting your 8 PACK 3600 RAM to run at stock, required manual entry of timings with SoC 1.1v. Subsequent BIOS's have added functionality and changes to PBO etc plus AGESA's as Minstadave says. I've always had to tweak SoC on every BIOS. We knew for early adopters the BIOS were immature and subsequent BIOS's would bring stability etc so I updated from BIOS's where I was using temp fixes to get it stable. But the last BIOS has introduced the BIOS not loading and loading default. I've fixed it now by bumping the SOC further.
1.11 soc did the trick for me though I do have the 8pck ram overclocked and tightened at 3733.

Soldato
The chipset fan on my board has started making a terrrible noise at startup.

...sigh. I guess deep down I knew this would happen. RMA time then. left without a PC.

Wrote since August keep away from this motherboard if you can. I have it and does this noise after just a month. However cannot be bothered to change let RMA from Greece as I do not have a second system. Got used to it.

But wrote numerous times. The issue is the pressure of the GPU to shroud and the build even a single spec of dust under the shroud.
What you need to do is open the motherboard, clean it with compressed air and put it back again.

If I was going to buy a mainstream priced X570 board today, could be the MSI X570 Unify. It has open fan at the bottom of the board so it won't get trapped by shroud or having GPU blast hot air to the chipset. Otherwise the top Gigabyte, which doesn't have fan at all or the Asus Impact.

Caporegime
sadly many knew the fans were going to be a issue. hopefully the next new lot of amd boards have this fan either removed or a better solution.

Associate
sadly many knew the fans were going to be a issue. hopefully the next new lot of amd boards have this fan either removed or a better solution.

Years back the likes of zalman produced after market chipset coolers to replace ones with fans. I wonder how long it will be until somebody produces a heatpipe based aftermarket cooler for the board. I have an old Zalman fanless vga cooler somewhere - wonder if I can frankenstein something together myself. :)

Caporegime
Years back the likes of zalman produced after market chipset coolers to replace ones with fans. I wonder how long it will be until somebody produces a heatpipe based aftermarket cooler for the board. I have an old Zalman fanless vga cooler somewhere - wonder if I can frankenstein something together myself. :)

Thermalright did it better, those were the days:

http://www.thermalright.com/product/hr-55/

Caporegime

yeah im surprised there isnt some fanless way of cooling how much heat goes through it ? has anyone even modded or done a fanless version. small fan is obviously going to get clogged with dirt or become whiny over time. this is the whole reason i never brought a x570 board when launched. now we are seeing its becoming a reality when at first many where like there is no issue or they are quiet.

quick search and i see its been mentioned on here before there isnt even a need for the fan on x570 boards. https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cp...with_a_custom_heatsink_-_this_is_pc_modding/1

so maybe when the next ones are out they will do a heatsink. then all will be pleased.

Last edited:
Soldato
We spent 25 years getting rid of smaller fans and going bigger, so absolutely no one wanted a tiny whiny/grindy fan on a motherboard again. It's one of the things that has put me off x570.

Soldato
We spent 25 years getting rid of smaller fans and going bigger, so absolutely no one wanted a tiny whiny/grindy fan on a motherboard again. It's one of the things that has put me off x570.

Look is not like the 90s and 00s. The fan after the first minute on boot is dead silent. There are motherboards like the Gigabyte one that doesn't have fan. Or the MSI MEG Unify that has the perfect placement. Probably if I remove the shroud might not have that 30-40 seconds of growling on boot either. But would lose that little air it pushing to the M.2s.

Soldato
Look is not like the 90s and 00s. The fan after the first minute on boot is dead silent. There are motherboards like the Gigabyte one that doesn't have fan. Or the MSI MEG Unify that has the perfect placement. Probably if I remove the shroud might not have that 30-40 seconds of growling on boot either. But would lose that little air it pushing to the M.2s.

The Gigabyte one that cost about £800 and was limited run? Not really a selling point if you don't have money to burn and a need for every high end feature.

Those fans are awful, usually cheap ball bearing fans, and they are another unnecessary point of failure. All they needed was a larger passive heatsink, instead of a tiny heatsink and a tiny annoying fan. Justifying it with "after a minute of grinding noise as my fan continues to it's eventual early failure, it turns off as long as I don't use the chipset too much" isn't really what I consider adequate for a motherboard that should get years of service.

Even you've been saying that the fans are placed incorrectly and gather dust that helps them fail early. It's just not good enough, and speaks of slapdash, rushed design.

Back
Top Bottom