So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Caporegime
Derby on TV again and the commentators predictably talking as though Rooney is Messi whilst looking fairly ordinary at Championship level at the age of 34.

Associate
We were all over them like usual but only winning one nil, Kiko made an excellent save at the end to keep it that way. I am positive we will go up while my dad who sits next to me (we're both season ticket holders) is a glass half empty supporter who even when we go a goal up worries we have scored to early!
Im hoping one game we score more of our chances and win 6-0!!

Don
We were all over them like usual but only winning one nil, Kiko made an excellent save at the end to keep it that way. I am positive we will go up while my dad who sits next to me (we're both season ticket holders) is a glass half empty supporter who even when we go a goal up worries we have scored to early!
Im hoping one game we score more of our chances and win 6-0!!

The Cardiff game just scarred me that even that scoring a few and we can still **** it up. Bielsa just doesn't do shut the game out.

I can see us cocking up against Boro on Wednesday, everything suggests should comfortably beat them easily. The good old Championship.

Soldato
We've gone right off the boil. Watkins still scoring and is holding us together, but we're really missing Pontus Jansson and our goalkeeper coach leaving for Arsenal has seen Raya concede a goal a game from a mistake for six consecutive games...

Don
We've gone right off the boil. Watkins still scoring and is holding us together, but we're really missing Pontus Jansson and our goalkeeper coach leaving for Arsenal has seen Raya concede a goal a game from a mistake for six consecutive games...

Crazy result last night. Forest don't seem to be letting up, I watched their game, it was terrible. I have no idea how they're 3rd!

What's up with Pontus? The guy never missed a game for us.

I'm still not looking forward to tonight, we need an early goal (never happens) and then another one to finish it off (never happens).

WBA are done now, they will win the league, we just need to pickup enough away points and win all our home games. We have the easiest run in so no excuse really.

Soldato
Crazy result last night. Forest don't seem to be letting up, I watched their game, it was terrible. I have no idea how they're 3rd!

What's up with Pontus? The guy never missed a game for us.

I'm still not looking forward to tonight, we need an early goal (never happens) and then another one to finish it off (never happens).

WBA are done now, they will win the league, we just need to pickup enough away points and win all our home games. We have the easiest run in so no excuse really.

Hip injury, apparently had issues with it in the past but he's been out for a good 2-3 months now. I can't see anyone else other than you and WBA going up. Last year when you dropped down a gear or two you looked totally empty... this year when you threaten to go off the boil Bielsa's been able to right the ship and you looked very impressive versus us. 12 games left, a play-off spot would do me fine.

Don
Hip injury, apparently had issues with it in the past but he's been out for a good 2-3 months now. I can't see anyone else other than you and WBA going up. Last year when you dropped down a gear or two you looked totally empty... this year when you threaten to go off the boil Bielsa's been able to right the ship and you looked very impressive versus us. 12 games left, a play-off spot would do me fine.

The hip does ring a bell now, although you were great without him defensively, until now it seems. Maybe losing the GK coach has made a difference.

For all the myth of players burning out, we look fitter than ever, every game we are pretty relentless but don't have the quality in the final third, that is what cost us last season and ultimately has been the same this season, but we are better defensively and teams around us pretty poor. We don't score enough for the opportunities we create, I just want a comfortable win :)

Soldato
Fantastic second half. Bamford was crap, get Roberts starting, so good for counter attacks. That 3rd goal was sublime.

WBA trying to throw it away again

Bamford is amazing....off the ball! His work rate/chasing down/holdup is what makes the team tick. I don't think Bielsa wants to sacrifice that.

Associate
Bamford is amazing....off the ball! His work rate/chasing down/holdup is what makes the team tick. I don't think Bielsa wants to sacrifice that.

I feel the same.

Tyler Roberts as a back-up to see a game out would be brilliant. Bamford does extremely well considering 90% of teams setup very defensively against us, he brings everyone in to the game. We should be asking for more goals from the chasing midfielders and the wingers in particular. They get a lot of the chances as well.

We've not seen Tyler Roberts work in that sort of game yet so I think people are prematurely asking for a start. Coming on at 2-0 is not the same, teams have to press up and it opens them up so much more.

Don
I feel the same.

Tyler Roberts as a back-up to see a game out would be brilliant. Bamford does extremely well considering 90% of teams setup very defensively against us, he brings everyone in to the game. We should be asking for more goals from the chasing midfielders and the wingers in particular. They get a lot of the chances as well.

We've not seen Tyler Roberts work in that sort of game yet so I think people are prematurely asking for a start. Coming on at 2-0 is not the same, teams have to press up and it opens them up so much more.

I used to defend Bamford, I could see what he brought to the team but just the past three games he has just frustrated the hell out of me. His hold up play isn't particularly good, neither is his touch. He's too weak and just relies on petty fouls to get the better of his defender, the whole backing into the center back and then putting his hands around him to draw in a foul is tiring. I know he runs a lot, I think we could have done so much more with another striker who can offer what Bamford does but with the ability to actually hit the target, if we had that we would have been out of sight by now in the league. It's a good job we have goals in so many other positions.

Associate
I used to defend Bamford, I could see what he brought to the team but just the past three games he has just frustrated the hell out of me. His hold up play isn't particularly good, neither is his touch. He's too weak and just relies on petty fouls to get the better of his defender, the whole backing into the center back and then putting his hands around him to draw in a foul is tiring. I know he runs a lot, I think we could have done so much more with another striker who can offer what Bamford does but with the ability to actually hit the target, if we had that we would have been out of sight by now in the league. It's a good job we have goals in so many other positions.

I think Bamford looks frustrated as well. He's not had a great 4/5 games to be honest. I'd be happy for Roberts to have a chance. Huddersfield would be a good physical game to test it out :p

Don
I think Bamford looks frustrated as well. He's not had a great 4/5 games to be honest. I'd be happy for Roberts to have a chance. Huddersfield would be a good physical game to test it out :p

No chance Bielsa will change anything (even if we had lost 3 in a row :p) but it would be nice to give Bamford a rest against a struggling team. I don't think there's much of a risk starting Roberts or Augustin and change it at half time if it didn't work. Definitely won't happen as we are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom