What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
The Boys, A different take on the Superhero show. Just finished this last night. Was good without ever been great.

Am interested to see where they take it for season 2.

Associate
Having a bad run at the moment.

Castle Rock S1 - gave up on episode 7 when I accepted the season so far was boring the pants off me. Heard S2 is better but don't think I can stick around.
Watchmen - couldn't get past episode 2.

Have heard The Terror S2 isn't that great but need to give it a go.

Soldato
Having a bad run at the moment.

Castle Rock S1 - gave up on episode 7 when I accepted the season so far was boring the pants off me. Heard S2 is better but don't think I can stick around.
Watchmen - couldn't get past episode 2.

Have heard The Terror S2 isn't that great but need to give it a go.

Watching castle rock S2 at the moment. It's ok I guess, no better than the first though.

The terror S2 is ok. Nowhere near as good as the first. Completely different story and setting.

Associate
Eventually watched The Witcher, and honestly don't know what all the fuss was about, pretty lame tbh with some really bad acting and special effects. Also the time line jumped about with no real direction. 5/10.

Have just started the Wu Tang Clan's American Adventure and this is pretty decent 3 episodes in, music is great.

Soldato
Still powering through errrr....Power.

Just finished S5 and this latest one has been a bit limp but we're almost at the finish posts so will carry on with the 6th and final season.

Reminds me of Sons Of Anarchy in style, albeit different setups. Every time an issue is solved, something comes out the blue and it's another dilemma. Lots of family drama and in-fighting and double crosses between friends. Also everyone is irredeemable in their own away, something all the SOA characters had by the end.

All that said, i've really enjoyed the ride this far and do sort of look forward to how it concludes.

Soldato
Almost finished it.

The start was a bit ropey (but not bad) but it picks up nicely.

Ha! I thought it started off quite good!!!

One question though, the trailer makes it very much a teen supernatural thing, but apparently this isn't the case and it's quite dark - is it suitable for young teenagers?

Caporegime

One question though, the trailer makes it very much a teen supernatural thing, but apparently this isn't the case and it's quite dark - is it suitable for young teenagers?

Start seemed a bit too teen for me, but it picks up nicely from the third episode.

How young are we talking? They drop quite a few s-bombs, which I would have thought is fine for 14+?

No nudity, gore or f-bombs.

Soldato

I have 1 episode to go but I wouldn't say it's to dark, bit like Stranger Things really. Can't comment on swearing, I haven't noticed, but perhaps I just don't now, because you get swearing in so many tv shows/movies it just becomes the norm.

Associate
Started on Narcos Mexico season 2 but 3 episodes in and I'm unimpressed. I just can't get invested in any of the characters and the story doesn't seem as gripping. I've taken it as a sign and used that sign to re-watch the excellent original Narcos (the Escobar one) :D

I'd say it's worth maybe giving it another shot as it later reintroduces some highly memorable characters from the Escobar series as pretty much a direct sequel. Also plenty of good action later on with some reasonable basis in fact as per the Escobar series.

It's not as good as the Escobar ones but the Narcos seasons overall are up there for me as some of Netflix's better created content.

I think in general if people liked Breaking Bad or any kind of crime movies or series and don't mind some subtitles all of the Narcos series are well worth watching.

Associate
Narcos Mexico S2. Was OK. But. I'm more looking forward to how things pan out in S3.

Felix was a bit of a sleazy lightweight in comparison to what happens next.

Drug Wars.

Caramba

Back
Top Bottom