Several people shot dead in Hanau, near Frankfurt in Germany

Soldato
What extremism do you think I’m trying to defend?

Dude remember, if you think differently to someone on here about "anything" then that means that you MUST think differently than them about "everything" - thats how the 'black/white but no grey' thought police work here in GD :D

Soldato
Dude remember, if you think differently to someone on here about "anything" then that means that you MUST think differently than them about "everything" - thats how the 'black/white but no grey' thought police work here in GD :D
Lol. That's exactly the assumption he made. I post about support for right wing extremism, and to counter that he posts about support for Islamist extremism.

Your blinkers have led to you seeing things completely the wrong way.

:D chapeau.

Caporegime
How was it countering it? You’re having a bit of a logic fail here and seemingly didn’t grasp the tweet either.

Caporegime

Pretty much, apparently pointing something out means I must be countering the other thing posted or agreeing with the article or something when I’ve said note by of the sort. @garnett has a habit of arguing against positions he’s made up himself.

Caporegime
No I assumed that it was gang related as per other people in the thread - do gang members usually also work as doctors and engineers?

You seem so keen to want to throw around racism accusations - you threw some accusation of wanting to exterminate people at some other poster... What is the point - you clearly know you're just throwing in stuff that isn't there?

No, you jumped in with massive assumptions which showed racism tenancies when you didn't know any facts whatsoever. Not my issue that you did and then had to do a 180.

Caporegime
No, you jumped in with massive assumptions which showed racism tenancies when you didn't know any facts whatsoever. Not my issue that you did and then had to do a 180.

Really? Cos no one else thought it was gang related on the first page of the thread.... oh wait. Yeah you’re full of it.

Soldato
How was it countering it? You’re having a bit of a logic fail here and seemingly didn’t grasp the tweet either.
It was plain and simple whataboutery...
See exactly same thing happening when you get an Islamist attack - people (including on here) jump in with but but muh Iraq invasion/Western Foreign policy...
But you'll argue black is white, rather than admit you're wrong, so I'll leave it there.

Caporegime
It was plain and simple whataboutery...
But you'll argue black is white, rather than admit you're wrong, so I'll leave it there.

I’m not, you’re wrong. Perhaps try to explain how it is “countering” anything as you claimed. Perhaps look at the tweet?

Do you not understand that it is both criticising that coverage AND highlighting and criticising the rather common other coverage that similar islamist attacks get, you didn’t follow that yet that was literally the point. It’s what Maajid highlighted and it was worth pointing out here. Instead you’ve replied a bunch of times as though I’ve defended one because you made your own assumption and attacked something I never said... like you always do.

Look at the tweet that was quoted, look at the hashtag... why did you remove the line in reference to it in the above quote and the tweet itself? Because either it doesn’t fit the dishonest argument you’re making or you didn’t understand.

Soldato
If people want to express these thoughts of anger turn to the ballot box and not the gun.

But what if, as seems so often the case in these sorts of situation,

Access to the ballot box is effectively denied! (Or at least those currently in power conspire to attempt to deny it)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-calls-far-right-AfD-placed-surveillance.html

As I recall some years ago, When the "Right" unexpectedly did rather well wining seats in Austria. Mainstream politiciants reaction was actually that this result "Represented a failure of democracy"

:rolleyes:

No wonder some people get Mad and do crazy stuff, I am amazed there isn't more of it really! :confused:

Caporegime

Access to the ballot box is effectively denied! (Or at least those currently in power conspire to attempt to deny it)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-calls-far-right-AfD-placed-surveillance.html

As I recall some years ago, When the "Right" unexpectedly did rather well wining seats in Austria. Mainstream politiciants reaction was actually that this result "Represented a failure of democracy"

No wonder some people get Mad and do crazy stuff, I am amazed there isn't more of it really! :confused:

No one has denied them anything (AfD still has seats and any German can vote for them if they want to), you've just made up a situation (or atleast making something appear to be more than it is) to fit a rationalisation of the terrorists motives. Sure hope someone doesn't come along and call you a sympathiser for trying to bring actual debate or complexity into the discussion...

Yeah that never happens from certain people in certain threads...

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato

I imagine for most sane people there are a number of things that can be done between (apparently) not being able to vote and going on a killing spree.

Soldato

You're right.

If there isn't a political outlet to express views then people will turn to violence.

I've had the experience many years ago of a situation like that when talking to a guy who wanted to do some inflammatory offending. But he was advised not to as he was made to see a bigger picture.

All views should be expressed through elections and allowed to be heard. Then its up to the public to vote or not vote for it. Isn't that what democracy is about?

Permabanned
If there isn't a political outlet to express views then people will turn to violence.

Or they'll use violence and the vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armalite_and_ballot_box_strategy

All views should be expressed through elections and allowed to be heard. Then its up to the public to vote or not vote for it. Isn't that what democracy is about?

And then you have people that bitch and moan when something is democratically voted for because it wasn't what they voted for winning the vote. See: Brexit. Scottish Independence. And you can bet your ass any vote for a United Ireland is going to be spicy.

Caporegime
Really? Cos no one else thought it was gang related on the first page of the thread.... oh wait. Yeah you’re full of it.

Wasn’t me making racist remarks though was it? So I’m happy where I am sitting thanks. You just keep posting on in your blinkered way....

Caporegime
Wasn’t me making racist remarks though was it? So I’m happy where I am sitting thanks. You just keep posting on in your blinkered way....

I don't think anyone made any racist remarks - you made up a load of idiotic nonsense though.

Caporegime
your post to Rob

You really are a nasty piece of work arent you? I suppose on that basis you think immigrants in London should be exterminated as well do you?

your post to me

And if they aren't "ambitious and hard working" then I assume you are with Rob that they are then fair game to be shot and killed then?

How do you and Rob know that all the people killed in Hanau were "undiserables?"

For whatever reason you decided to post some random hyperbole about exterminating immigrants etc... you really are full of **** tbh...

Man of Honour
And then you have people that bitch and moan when something is democratically voted for because it wasn't what they voted for winning the vote. See: Brexit. Scottish Independence. And you can bet your ass any vote for a United Ireland is going to be spicy.

Democracy for democracy's sake is mindless, democracy without reason the path to madness. Nazi Germany was the result of a democratic process - a cautionary tale no one has an excuse for ignoring.

Caporegime
I don't think anyone made any racist remarks - you made up a load of idiotic nonsense though.

Well clearly that is where we differ. The fact that you assumed that due to them being Turkish immigrants that they wont be respectable people like doctors or they are gang members is by definition racist. You may not recognise it iin yourself though and I am sure you have many non white friends so that's all okay then.

Back
Top Bottom