*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Also big up to bt sport

I always find sky sports literally finishes as soon as the fight is over, glad to see some good talking and analysis after the fight that cost £25

Soldato
Fantastic performance, beat him everywhere comprehensively..

Do have to say though I think that knockdown with the back of the head punch affected wilder a lot. His ear was spitting blood from the inside, balance was gone. Would not surprise me if he had burst his eardrum hence the balance.

would have got whooped anyway as he was prior to that.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Wilder is so bad its unbelievable how he’s made a living knocking out bums I have no idea.

and as every bit as bad Wilder is, thats how good Fury is. I like AJ, but you gotta be a moron to think AJ has any chance against a fit Fury, levels ahead!!!

Soldato
Fantastic performance, beat him everywhere comprehensively..

Do have to say though I think that knockdown with the back of the head punch affected wilder a lot. His ear was spitting blood from the inside, balance was gone. Would not surprise me if he had burst his eardrum hence the balance.

would have got whooped anyway as he was prior to that.

The only thing more amateur than Wilder was his team, WTF were they doing? They showed no concern at all. Crazy.

Permabanned
Wilder is so bad its unbelievable how he’s made a living knocking out bums I have no idea.

It's part of the fight game. Putting prospects up against journeymen to inflate wins/losses ratio. Once they start picking up a serious X and 0 record, managers are a lot more selective about who they put their prospects up against because of how much money is in the fight game. Look at how many pro fights Wilder and Fury have. Something like 40 something for Wilder to 30 something for Fury. Lennox Lewis had 40 something pro fights. Mike Tyson had nearly 60 fights and Ali had around the same. But if you actually look at the names of their opponents, who actually stands out as a proper contender in their records? The further back you go, the more fights boxers were having per year. Now they hold back their golden goose (to prevent damaging it's ability to make them money) because of sponsorship deals, et cetera. It's why Joshua ducked around Wilder for so long and is what made Fury contact Wilder in the first place saying "if you want a fight, I'll give you one".

Last edited:
Soldato
Great fight, congrats Fury. I'm glad I'm not a gambler, I would have lost a few quid!

Given that Wilder is not rated as a skillful boxer, is there any other current heavyweight that could really test Fury or is he really the most talented heavyweight on the planet at the moment?

Soldato
A couple of things though

as somebody wrote above that punch to the back of the head giving the ear trouble was the start of the downfall and likely the blood in the ear will cause problems

the fight probably should have been stopped in the 5th, American ref.

the towel in the end was at the wrong time, I actually thought wilder was recovering energy and looked more steady on his feet than the last few rounds. He was in the corner for sure but was ducking and weaving and throwing punches. However the cut in or on the ear was a good reason, with all fights it’s always a shame if cuts etc take away from the fight

Soldato
Styles make fights, huge fan of Fury and called his win over Klitchko many years ago and knew all along be had Wilders number, but AJ knocks Fury out. He can actually box a little as well as carrying good power. Wilder cannot box AT ALL. Fury has looked horrible against reasonable boxers of similar stature throughout his career, let's not forget. He grinds out wins, that's what he does but AJ would KO him.

Transmission breaker
Don
Great fight, congrats Fury. I'm glad I'm not a gambler, I would have lost a few quid!
Given that Wilder is not rated as a skillful boxer, is there any other current heavyweight that
could really test Fury or is he really the most talented heavyweight on the planet at the moment?

Fury (provided he can hold it together) is the one to beat.
Joshua is a better "fighter" than Wilder, but not sure he has the level of skills, experience and boxing brain of Fury.

Soldato
Styles make fights, huge fan of Fury and called his win over Klitchko many years ago and knew all along be had Wilders number, but AJ knocks Fury out. He can actually box a little as well as carrying good power. Wilder cannot box AT ALL. Fury has looked horrible against reasonable boxers of similar stature throughout his career, let's not forget. He grinds out wins, that's what he does but AJ would KO him.

aj will not ko fury

fury will show joshua up

Back
Top Bottom