Anyone had the snip?

Associate
Day 5. The right testicle has stopped being painful, but the left has swelled up the last couple of days and feels like it's been punched. I'm wondering if I overdid moving around over the weekend. The entry wound had scabbed over but came off in the night so it is a bit weepy again.

Associate
About 14 years ago for me. Needles in the balls is not fun. I had the option of local or general anaesthetic and chose local due to a warning by a friend that the perpetrators of this act are quite rough when your asleep and the recovery time longer...I doubt that's true though but opted for local so at least I could keep an eye out...or three ;)
The look on the nurses face when checking out was priceless.. she asked how I was getting home, so I said I'm on my bike. I actually drove home without issue and was back in work the following day without too much fuss.
I had to wear a mutton cloth jock-strap for a week, which was a really good look.

I was blissfully unaware that they was going to actually inject my testicles...if I had known that I would have asked for a general anaesthetic.
If I had to do it again, I would ask for general anaesthetic too.

Soldato
About 14 years ago for me. Needles in the balls is not fun. I had the option of local or general anaesthetic and chose local due to a warning by a friend that the perpetrators of this act are quite rough when your asleep and the recovery time longer...I doubt that's true though but opted for local so at least I could keep an eye out...or three ;)
The look on the nurses face when checking out was priceless.. she asked how I was getting home, so I said I'm on my bike. I actually drove home without issue and was back in work the following day without too much fuss.
I had to wear a mutton cloth jock-strap for a week, which was a really good look.

I was blissfully unaware that they was going to actually inject my testicles...if I had known that I would have asked for a general anaesthetic.
If I had to do it again, I would ask for general anaesthetic too.
This is going to sound crazy, but for some reason I had it in my head that it was just the sack, and now I've heard it I realise how foolish that thought was. That's up there with getting a needle to the eye if its right into the bollock! Bloody hell I'm on the waiting list and all :p

Transmission breaker
Don
I guess it's not needed in most cases. I figure if you are jumpy or visibly nervous they might dose you up though
I just sat there with my tackle out whilst I chatted to the doc and the lady nurse and let them get on with it.

It's not like it was torture or anything.

It was a mild and minor procedure carried out under local.

I was actually very interested in their experiences in doing the op and they were quite happy to chat to me about how other people dealt with the process.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

This is going to sound crazy, but for some reason I had it in my head that it was just the sack, and now I've heard it I realise how foolish that thought was. That's up there with getting a needle to the eye if its right into the bollock! Bloody hell I'm on the waiting list and all :p

They inject into the tube and the skin where they will make an incision, not the testicle.

Associate
If the anesthetic runs out mid operation:- it will feel like someone has both of your balls in a hard clamp and is going to work on you with a scalpel. Yes, that painful.

Associate
If the anesthetic runs out mid operation:- it will feel like someone has both of your balls in a hard clamp and is going to work on you with a scalpel. Yes, that painful.

can confirm that one..... ouchy

and the last thing you want to here from the doc is "Well i cant give you anymore but we can finish it another day" !!! wtf!

Associate
Went to see another surgeon yesterday to check the swelling and lumps, he said all part of the healing process. Working from home and icing 20 minutes every hour, plus ibuprofen, is helping. No longer painful walking around and the swelling is easing.

Soldato
So I've just had this done last week.

The procedure was straight forward really, the doctor didn't say when he was putting the needle in so that made me twitch when it happened. I could feel what I could only describe as a light pressure when he was sorting the first side, nothing painful at all but a strange feeling.

The second side mustn't have been numb because I groaned a little and jumped when he grabbed the vas with the forceps, it was a brief pain definitely nothing horrific, he tried again after more anesthetic and I could still feel it so another injection and away we go.

The worst of the pain (very mild discomfort if that) was when I headed home, that dull ache in the pit of your stomach when you've had a knock in the jewels and a sensation of bruising. That lasted the first day on and off, I took three doses of co codamol the first day and nothing since. I'm aware that there's a sensation of bruising a couple of days later but again I couldn't describe it as pain.

Back
Top Bottom