Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Caporegime
Is it confirmed that all we are getting is Midgard?

Pretty much.

We haven't seen Yuffie or Vincent have we? Let alone Cid.

In fact, looking at the trailer, it's nigh on everything I've just experienced in the original, having just left Midgar.

There's not a single bit in there I couldn't place, bar maybe the additional Sephiroth scenes, but logically Sephiroth is in the Shinra HQ towards the end of the segment, as he takes Genova so it'll just be Shinra HQ.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm guessing, and purely guessing, there's gonna be loads of typical RPG stuff going on. Quests, loot, etc. Diving into Avalanche characters more could be interesting, especially now they have real faces.

Charging £50 for just the Midgar 30hrs would be fine, if we didn't have to wait ages for the next bit.

Caporegime
I'm guessing, and purely guessing, there's gonna be loads of typical RPG stuff going on. Quests, loot, etc. Diving into Avalanche characters more could be interesting, especially now they have real faces.

Charging £50 for just the Midgar 30hrs would be fine, if we didn't have to wait ages for the next bit.

So, we'd be playing a game that isn't FF7 :p?

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Mixed feelings after playing the demo. Combat is horrible, in both classic and normal mode. The rest of it seems great but the combat system completely ruins the feel of the game :( Demo is pretty short too, looks pretty decent but feels more like an action game now rather than RPG.

Caporegime
Mixed feelings after playing the demo. Combat is horrible, in both classic and normal mode. The rest of it seems great but the combat system completely ruins the feel of the game :( Demo is pretty short too, looks pretty decent but feels more like an action game now rather than RPG.

Weirdly that might suit me better.

I can't remember ever enjoying a JRPG.

I do like Zelda, Dark Souls and Sekiro though.

Back
Top Bottom