• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3950x Owners thread

Soldato
Okay so that worked, it detects it as samson mic 2 now and everything is great.... Thanks all for the help sorry it was such a simple Solution.
Simply unplugging and back in didn't work but a different input altogether solved it

I thought it might work. Some USB ports work directly from the chipset others work from a PCIE Lane. I'm guessing you are now plugged in via the chipset.

Caporegime
Okay so that worked, it detects it as samson mic 2 now and everything is great.... Thanks all for the help sorry it was such a simple Solution.
Simply unplugging and back in didn't work but a different input altogether solved it
Nice.

I was able to solve my sound crackling by connecting my speakers USB cable and audio cable to the monitor USB and cable connections. Looks like it was something to do with the USB ports and PCI-E 4.0.

Soldato
No issues with sound here for my soundcard, speakers or USB headphones.

Maybe you guys are using the same motherboard? Mine is a ASUS X570 Formula

Associate
About to submit my steam hardware survey, adding to the 16 core master race :)

zb4izzxn.slg.jpg

This makes me feel so inferior. . . :(

Soldato
I thought it worth mentioning in this thread, on these X570 boards with my 3950, my chipset temp was INSANE, running in the late 80C sometimes touching 90c or slightly above. This was due to the heat that was coming off my 2080ti when it was fitted in the pc slot, i suspect with the intake fan for the chipset heatsink, it was just sucking in all the heat straight onto it. After fitting vertical mount in my case, my chipset temps dropped to about a maximum of 68C, a huge difference. I know the chipset is rated to run that high, but it made me very uncomfortable.

Associate
As long as the chipset was within spec then seriously i don't see the problem.
You sir are worrying for nothing.

Soldato
Must be a bit of variance for different x570 models, I have a giant triple slot overclocked 2080ti sitting right over the chipset fan on my x570 board and a overclocked 3950x and overclocked RAM and PCIE4 SSD and the chipsets is always between 60c and 70c and it's summer here, so in Winter I expect it to drop into the mid 50s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom