Virgin Media Discussion Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well they offered me to downgrade to 100mb for £37 a month or upgrade to 200mb for £42 a month.

I chose the latter, well worth the phone call!
Just as a reference I am on £29 for a 108mb, phone line and weekend calls. Pretty sure some have even better deals than me in here.

Soldato
Done my yearly phone call to discuss contract which expire a couple of weeks ago & had gone up to £50.50pm for 350mb BB

10 min call & now paying £32 for the next 12 months.
Not great but it will do.

Associate
Done my yearly phone call to discuss contract which expire a couple of weeks ago & had gone up to £50.50pm for 350mb BB

10 min call & now paying £32 for the next 12 months.
Not great but it will do.

Very good deal, I wish I can have similar deal like youra but VM put me on heavy user category so I won't get anywhere near your deal. :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's a pointless test, as everyone will be pinging a different server to you. The only useful metric is to ask someone who is local to test ping to the same server.
Just wanted to get a rough idea. They have servers around the country anyway. Not like a server from up north will be connecting to the one down here in London.

Associate
What's your average monthly usage?

She said something like about 86gb a day in recent months. My last value statement covered Jun to Aug last year was 2.2tb which is about 24gb a day.

I shouldn't have taught my mum how to use the youtube app on TV to watch video, she is spending most of the time watching it now. :D:D:D:D:D

Soldato
A good tip for negotiating the price down is to speak of the weak uploads, just state the other provider is offering more upload than 30mb, it's helped folk i know secure ok deals

Associate
Currently on 350mb pay around 60 a month it's in my friends name he has recently moved out and I have been transferring the money..

If he cancels and I sign up in my own name how long am I likely to be without service/ internet?

Want to carry on with the same speed am I likely to get a better price also?

Soldato
Currently on 350mb pay around 60 a month it's in my friends name he has recently moved out and I have been transferring the money..

If he cancels and I sign up in my own name how long am I likely to be without service/ internet?

Want to carry on with the same speed am I likely to get a better price also?

from what i recall just couple of hours at most - christ £60!! some people get Tv and a lnadline for less

Associate
She said something like about 86gb a day in recent months. My last value statement covered Jun to Aug last year was 2.2tb which is about 24gb a day.

I shouldn't have taught my mum how to use the youtube app on TV to watch video, she is spending most of the time watching it now. :D:D:D:D:D

Oh God in that case I can forget about decent price after my initial contact runs out as I'm using 2-3 TB per month....

Associate
Oh God in that case I can forget about decent price after my initial contact runs out as I'm using 2-3 TB per month....

Call them and see, I got discount at the end.

I do want to switch provider and send message to VM for little offer to existing customer but I can't with go back to FTTC because download speed only 11-14mb.:(:(

Back
Top Bottom