Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th February 2020]

Caporegime
I think Saka needs a rest. Play him on Thursday. But definitely rest him against Portsmouth. He looked very leggy towards the end there. Such a talent, we don’t want to burn him out.

Liverpool fans on twitter getting cocky already saying that he’ll be theirs next year.

Don
I'm guessing I follow more Liverpool supporters on twitter than you Rob and I've not seen one person say that, in fact I had no idea we are even linked with him.

Soldato
I think Saka needs a rest. Play him on Thursday. But definitely rest him against Portsmouth. He looked very leggy towards the end there. Such a talent, we don’t want to burn him out.

Liverpool fans on twitter getting cocky already saying that he’ll be theirs next year.

I havent seen a thing to suggest this but would he really move for a spot in the youth team?

Man of Honour
There's a few no name sites mentioning interest from Liverpool, United and Bayern, because he's not been tied down to a long term contract yet.

A quick search for 'Saka Liverpool' brings up quite a few tweets from LFC fans wanting him.

Caporegime
Quite pleased with today’s result. Arteta doing some decent stuff at Arsenal.
Saka is something else though, need to nail him down to a long term contract though.
Defence a bit shaky still but glad we nabbed the 3 points today.

Soldato
Everyone was a bit leggy as they only got back from Greece late on Friday. Bit of luck required to get that result but showed a bit of fight to not crumble too.

It looks like that shoulder/arm injury Kolasinac suffered that forced the Saka sub might be a bad one, but Tierney should be approaching match-fitness now (his ETA was late Feb) so hopefully he'll be able to give Saka soon.

As he's still young and playing with his mates he went through the academy with, I'd hope that's enough to keep him where he is for the time being, and obviously as with several other players it's rather imperative that there's either a EL final victory or nabbing a CL spot in the league.

Caporegime
Still look miles off the pace after the winter break and Keita, in particular, looks like he's playing against Norwich he's so far behind the play.

Henderson's a massive loss in midfield but we can't carry Keita when he's playing like this so Ox or Minamino on for him pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom