Homemade rocket man is about to prove the earth is flat...

Associate
Sad that you are all mocking his death because he believed in something that you may find stupid. Whether the earth is flat or not, whether you believe in it or not, a man has died and you're all mocking him because of his beliefs.
I'm sure if he didn't believe the earth was flat you'd all say "oh what an unfortunate accident" sad world we live in, where if you have a different belief you are some how crazy or less human.

Soldato
Never looked into this dude, but always assumed he was just some eccentric tinkerer who dabbled in the flat earth rhetoric for sponsorship/publicity.

Building your own rocket is pretty ******* heroic, tbh. I tip my hat to the guy.

Soldato
Sad that you are all mocking his death because he believed in something that you may find stupid. Whether the earth is flat or not, whether you believe in it or not, a man has died and you're all mocking him because of his beliefs.
I'm sure if he didn't believe the earth was flat you'd all say "oh what an unfortunate accident" sad world we live in, where if you have a different belief you are some how crazy or less human.

There's really good evidence that the earth isn't flat. There's also really good evidence that believing that the earth was flat was a great way to find sensational ways t try and 'prove' that the earth is flat.

At least he had time to make peace with his position and reconcile his beliefs before impact.

Permabanned

I agree and was going to add RIP but did not want to upset the type who post in the celeb threads like the Love Island female who killed herself (I had to Google her and only remember her from news for assaulting her BF as I do not watch reality toilet viewing shows.).

I am not sure why she gets all the sorrow but this is seen as funny (a pun or two is ok and to be expected but some comments were wrong), no doubt he is a good/kind man be it eccentric and his friends and family will miss him.

Soldato

It was always going to end this way. You don't build rockets in your shed and test them yourself and hope to live long.

Also there is no question to whether the earth is a sphere or flat. There is zero evidence it is flat and endless that it is a sphere. He could have gone up in a Mig29 to 23km and seen the curvature of earth or in a high altitude balloon but instead he built a rocket that took him to 1500ft and killed himself. There surely has to be questions asked about his sanity. Not that I'm saying he shouldn't be allowed to do it but he was playing Russian roulette.

Soldato
It's f'ing ridiculous. If a friend on mine was gona do something this unbelievable stupid is slap him around his chops and commit him to a mental asylum. No way would I let anyone I knew get in a steam powered rocket. Its suicide.

People saying we shouldn't mock him are wrong. Letting someone follow their dreams to their death based on something we know is 100% not true is not letting them live their life to the full. Be sensible people.

Permabanned
Soldato
A guy once did some crazy things on a Motorcycle in the 70's made him some money and very famous and a few movies.

True but he wasn't trying to achieve something that we know is impossible. He jumped stuff using basic physics and a huge pair of balls.
This guy tried to do something akin to gluing feathers to his arms and jumping of a cliff hoping to fly, and people let him..

Permabanned
True but he wasn't trying to achieve something that we know is impossible. He jumped stuff using basic physics and a huge pair of balls.
This guy tried to do something akin to gluing feathers to his arms and jumping of a cliff hoping to fly, and people let him..

The Grand Canyon jump on a "rocket" bike was a bit of a stretch and nearly killed him (again),

/me off to list my EK Chopper on ebay, added to my CPlus4/C64/Amiga1200 (all boxed) and Grandstand AstroWars (boxed) and possibly my Sony FW900 < you seen the price these items demand?

I do no care about money and I am comfortable for life but they are in the loft sitting doing nothing and someone can have use of them and will pay for the Storage Drives 2x 4TB Samsung 860 EVO's (I currently have 3x 2TB QVO's) I won auction on the other day (new).

Last edited:
Soldato

Homemade rockets, nah that's asking for trouble. The belief about the earth being flat is just the icing on the cake.

Associate

well that's the point - he died for a stupid reason, not because he made a home-built rocket and took a great risk but that he did it because he wanted to prove the earth was flat. Yeah that does make him crazy lol.

Caporegime
Homemade rockets, nah that's asking for trouble.
And that's all that needs to be said, really.

Outcome was inevitable.

I do wonder tho.. the kind of person who can build a (working) rocket is not going to be the same kind of person that believes in a flat Earth.. it's curious.

Associate
I do wonder tho.. the kind of person who can build a (working) rocket is not going to be the same kind of person that believes in a flat Earth.. it's curious.

Same type of person who posts videos on Youtube etc that goes against common sense/thought, but will generate loads of clicks I guess. Money/attention? Probably paid for his tinkering.

Man of Honour
Hats off to the guy for trying!

Plot twist... he did discover the earth was flat and was killed to prevent him presenting the evidence :D

Back
Top Bottom