This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
what? do you wash each individual hair or something? :p

I only took 5 minutes tops to wash my hair when it came down to my shoulders, shampoo up, rinse, shampoo up again, rinse. Or just shampoo once and rinse if my hair is already pretty much clean. Are you rapunzel?

30 mins are you serious.. I'm just jealous as I have a skinhead :p

Actually come to think about it, maybe it’s 60 mins to wash my hair. Strand by strand lol

Permabanned
Exactly two weeks off the cigarettes and still experiencing withdrawal. The first week was fine. But this last week has been hard and yesterday was brutal.

Caporegime
Exactly two weeks off the cigarettes and still experiencing withdrawal. The first week was fine. But this last week has been hard and yesterday was brutal.
You've done the hardest part. Just make sure you keep your hands busy, and find other things to do in the time when you would normally nip out for a cigarette.

I need to quit really, my plan is first to switch over to vaping, and then slowly decrease the nicotine strength of the vape liquid until I'm on nicotine free.

That way I won't have to cut down on the frequency, but I'm still cutting down the intake. I think it would be much easier for me personally.

Permabanned
I tried vaping and it just didn't provide the punch of normal smoking for me. This time it was just saying "**** it" and tipping everything related to smoking in the bin and being stubborn.

Soldato
Tomorrow I'm driving someone to Arrowe Park hospital for an appointment. The same day as I believe the second batch of cruise liner passengers are due to arrive at the hospital for their spell in quarantine.

How does that song go again? "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all."

:cool:

Soldato
Tomorrow I'm driving someone to Arrowe Park hospital for an appointment. The same day as I believe the second batch of cruise liner passengers are due to arrive at the hospital for their spell in quarantine.

How does that song go again? "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all."

:cool:

I'm back from the Wirral and as luck would have it, the passengers were delayed and didn't return to Blighty today as originally planned. It wouldn't have made any real difference of course, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly relieved when I heard the news.

Also had my first experience driving a motor with a digital dash and adaptive cruise control (front facing radar), so that was a giggle.

Soldato
I was up for a while in the small hours, outside in the pouring rain on my own, ****-wet through working in sewerage water trying to stop the house flooding because of a blocked drain (it worked).

For the past 10 months or so I've been 100% completely focussed on my mother's illness with very little thought for anything else.

Those few hours last night felt fantastic. I feel like me again.

Caporegime
Really struggling with motivation to look for jobs, I want to start a new career in another field but its so daunting and I am struggling with where to begin.. Recruitment sites are difficult to filter through, sending cold emails to companies feels like shouting from the rafters at an empty room with nobody responding or receiving replies from people who just point me to a careers page which often doesn't work properly, recruitment agents who phone me up invariably haven't read my profile properly and offer me details on roles which I have no relevant experience for or which are at too high of a level, or identical to my current role...

I would love to find some way to monetise my abilities from the comfort of my own home in the mean time but I come up short there too... I am reasonably good with photo editing and photoshopping, creating logos and wallpapers and banners etc, but not as good as people who do it for a living... I can write really well (how I write on here isn't an example) but I don't know what I can do with that either.

Sigh... Depression, anxiety, lack of motivation, feelings of hopelessness, all getting too much... I just want to get my foot in the door of somewhere I will be happy to work, I need someone to give me a chance damnit.

I was promised an entry level cybersecurity role some months ago and they changed their mind at the last minute without explanation, I had a very promising interview at a local company where I would have been assembling state of the art marine diesel engines with a view to move into development and I was told that I knew more about the role than "some people who have been in the job for a decade" but I still didn't get the job.

**** my life, honestly. I am useless it seems.

And I get increasingly jealous of people who have it easy and do things I wish I could do, which isn't good for my mental state either... Anything from profitable streamers and youtube personalities, to people who are good at reading cryptocurrency markets and profiting from them... I tried that, lost money even when I thought I was in to make a guarenteed profit, useless...

Soldato
You're not useless. Recruiting agents are often useless. Changing career is difficult, it's basically having to prove to someone that you deserve a chance at something when your experience backs up different skills. I bounced over 3 lines of work in my twenties, each time I got really good at it then had to start at the beginning elsewhere. My point is, you will feel hopeless until someone gives you a chance to prove yourself. You're passionate about the subject and not just angling for a change of scenery. I can tell because you've been mentioning this new direction for a while!

I get the same about YouTube folk though. Sometimes wish I could get involved, especially when I watch people doing bad PC mods or misinforming their audience. Then I remember that I have never got off my arse and made one video; a talent those people have which I don't, is to get up and produce content all the time. I do end up feeling hopeless if I get bogged down in thought about that sort of thing.

This morning I'm 45 minutes late because I was up having important deep talks with my girlfriend. Necessary as I've been stressed for weeks but... Sleepy :(

I was up for a while in the small hours, outside in the pouring rain on my own, ****-wet through working in sewerage water trying to stop the house flooding because of a blocked drain (it worked).

For the past 10 months or so I've been 100% completely focussed on my mother's illness with very little thought for anything else.

Those few hours last night felt fantastic. I feel like me again.
Totally relate. I've been really lazy about my house as housemates and landlord don't do anything to look after it. Yesterday I repaired a fence panel with my neighbour, then planed the sticking front door. Felt great :)

Soldato
@Acme, my stepdaughters in a similar situation at the moment where she's struggling to get an "in" anywhere and so is currently stuck working in Mcdonalds where she was during college.

All the sensible advice that i can think of doesn't really do very much in reality when places won't give you a chance. I remember your comments about moving away so it's a shame that fell through.

I know it might be a bit different, but i remember you've mentioned you have a reasonable sum of money built up for a house. What if you used some of that and just tried to go to Australia for 6 months or so. It might do your anxiety a huge dose of good and i often read about the positive benefits something like that does for people with anxiety.

I know it sets you back with a house deposit but it could be a great experience and has a bigger benefit on your life than home ownership :)

Soldato
Sitting here with an iPhone 11 Pro and i'm looking at the S20 ultra after some discussion's in the mobile phones thread, Why am i like this? Just love to spend and waste money :p

Soldato
Totally relate. I've been really lazy about my house as housemates and landlord don't do anything to look after it. Yesterday I repaired a fence panel with my neighbour, then planed the sticking front door. Felt great :)

Good stuff. Can't beat getting stuck into something practical to make yourself feel better. For me it was all about the distraction - for those few hours all I though about was the pump, the pee and the poo. It was bliss. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom