*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Just watched the fight now. Easy to be wise with hindsight, but it was entirely probable that this would happen - a puncher against a fighter. Wilder was never really at the races, and Fury gave him little time to reset and compose. It always helps when you seriously hurt your opponent early on too. Fury changing his trainer to focus on more power and attacking approach looks to have paid off big time.

When did Fury bust up Wilder's ear? It looked to me as though it happened before the knockdown in the third.

I think that Fury has too much ring craft for AJ, but I hope that it happens.

Soldato
Having watched the fight. Wilder was more or less done for by the end of the 3rd. He just didn’t seem there at all. But I admire his effort to try keep going until the 7th.

Fury was the better boxer by a long long stretch. To see where he was in life to where he is now goes to show anyone can overcome bad times. I’m very happy for him and I do hope him and aj fight.

Soldato
I think it was the 2nd.

I think that it was one of the punches at the end of the 2nd. I just watched it through again. From around the second round, the ref totally focuses on Wilder when the fighters are apart from then on. I appreciate that Fury is setting the direction and pushing Wilder backwards, so that it is natural, but b the end of the 3rd he doesn't look at Fury again.

I don't think that's he's necessarily looking for signs of an injury - more where he expects most of the action to be, i.e. punches landing on Wilder.

Soldato
AJ would take Fury to the cleaners, let's hope the match happens!
There's not a living heavyweight who could, in their prime, "take Fury to the cleaners".

That's not to say he's the best living heavyweight, or that I wouldn't favour a few of them over him, but really that he's always got the right answers to switch his style to give himself the best chance, and that he always brings his A-game to the big fights. Never bottles it.

It's always possible in the heavies that someone connects a haymaker, but no-one's otherwise giving him a going over.

Associate
surely two brits going for the unification needs to be in the uk

Wembley, Cardiff or Tottenhams new stadium would be pretty special

That’s what i thought and Hearn is now talking about it being in the middle east for the money. I’m simply not interested if they want another zero atmosphere AJ fight over there.

Soldato
I bet Wilder feels a right muppet now after all the

boxing tbh, must be pretty tough no matter who lost. Things are said to sell fights, wind up your opponent, make you look into it. When you lose trying to find a comeback must be hard what does wilder do now, no belt, no chance of getting a belt unless he activates a rematch which tbh he probably doesn’t want. Without a belt paydays will be light ( if he cares )

only thing he can do is fight again, give his excuses which the ear drum might be plausible, and push for fight 3 and the last big payday of
Your career should you lose. It’s what I would do the third match is worth 20 million plus.[/QUOTE]

Soldato
That’s what i thought and Hearn is now talking about it being in the middle east for the money. I’m simply not interested if they want another zero atmosphere AJ fight over there.

AJ's biggest problem is Hearn. Any other promoter and the AJ Wilder fight would have happened 2 years ago. But all Hearn sees is ££££££ above all else.

Soldato
Complete domination, Wilder wasn’t in that fight for a single minute.

The second round stats show they were equally matched in that round. But that was the only time Wilder was in it.

So pleased I set the alarm and got up to watch this, I will never forget this fight, absolutely incredible. I've been a Fury fan since I saw him fight on Channel 5 all those years ago, what a journey.

What will Wilder do now, I can't wait to see where this story goes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom