What parts of liverpool are nice?

Associate
Currently finding my self regularly in liverpool, the shopping in the centre and liverpool one is great. However it is also very rough in these areas, drug use seems massive, it seems like a lot of people are on coke.

Anyhow, are there any nicer areas in and around liverpool where the riff raff can be avoided?

Many thanks for suggestions

Soldato
Currently finding my self regularly in liverpool, the shopping in the centre and liverpool one is great. However it is also very rough in these areas, drug use seems massive, it seems like a lot of people are on coke.

Anyhow, are there any nicer areas in and around liverpool where the riff raff can be avoided?

Many thanks for suggestions
Anfield stadium is the only place thats nice. hasnt been for the last 30 years lol

Soldato
It depends what you're looking at doing. There are areas of the centre that are really nice and areas that are awful, just like any city. I live in Childwall which is a good area and Woolton is nice too. If it's nightlife you're looking for, there are places like Lark Lane and Allerton Road.

Although if you think Liverpool is rough, don't go to Manchester!

Anfield stadium is the only place thats nice.

Is that because it's full of Norwegians? ;)

Soldato
It depends what you're looking at doing. There are areas of the centre that are really nice and areas that are awful, just like any city. I live in Childwall which is a good area and Woolton is nice too. If it's nightlife you're looking for, there are places like Lark Lane and Allerton Road.

Although if you think Liverpool is rough, don't go to Manchester!

Is that because it's full of Norwegians? ;)

Is Manchester really that much tougher?

Soldato
tbh my memorys and image of Liverpool are positive ,buildings docks art gallery's ect ,this was decades ago ,also the lads days out in southport ,would actually be on my to visit list ,im from west Yorkshire originally so doubt i would suffer any culture shock ,obviously like Leeds or any city going to have some very dodgy bits

Soldato
Is Manchester really that much tougher?

It's a bit too generalised to say "Manchester is rough", that's akin to saying London is just as rough - of which there are some real rough areas.

Manchester does have some rough areas. There's more of a North/South divide in Manchester, where the southern areas are more affluent/higher housing costs, whereas the north side is significantly cheaper and tends to have more 'rougher' areas.

Greater Manchester is about twice the size of Merseyside though.

Caporegime
Liverpool is much worse than other places I have been too.
I’d tend to agree, I’ve traveled extensively all over the U.K. for years, been robbed twice in that time, both times my cab was broken into whilst unloading in..........

The dump known as Liverpool!

In fairness though, some of the most friendly and accommodating people around can be found there, it’s just a shame a small Scumbag minority has such a disproportionate effect on the city’s reputation.

Back
Top Bottom