Homemade rocket man is about to prove the earth is flat...

Soldato
Sad that you are all mocking his death because he believed in something that you may find stupid. Whether the earth is flat or not, whether you believe in it or not, a man has died and you're all mocking him because of his beliefs.
I'm sure if he didn't believe the earth was flat you'd all say "oh what an unfortunate accident" sad world we live in, where if you have a different belief you are some how crazy or less human.
sad that you're defending him. the ****ing idiot died for no good reason apart from either genuine stupidity or some stupid attention addiction. He was trying to prove something wrong that has been absolutely unequivocally proven for about 2000 years. was an utterly stupid **** and deserves no sympathy whatsoever, he brought it on himself for no good reason at all.

Soldato
Hats off to the guy for trying!

Plot twist... he did discover the earth was flat and was killed to prevent him presenting the evidence :D

I posted the exact same thing on Facebook :D

The even funnier aspect of that theory is that you know 1000% that on some flat earth subreddit/forum/chatroom it is the working theory/explanation.

Soldato
Obviously it's sad that the chap was killed but he did prove two things very successfully:

- Deploying a rocket's parachute before the apogee doesn't work.
- The Earth's surface is hard.

Soldato
Couldn't he have sent up a video camera instead of himself?

I mean, did he actually think he could get himself into space and back down again? Elon musk/Richard Branson/Nasa has spent billions and billions doing that.

Caporegime
I dont understand why he didnt just use a balloon

they can easily attain the height he was going for and would have been far less dangerous

Part of it was him just being some eccentric (perhaps mentally unstable) person who viewed himself as an adventurer - the flat earth angle was quite likely to help generate publicity/funding etc..

Caporegime
Ahhh, another thread pulled from Mumsnet AIBU :D

Just search for DIY / homemade rocket pov on Youtube and you'll see recordings from GoPros and phones that have been launched using makeshift equipment.

Hell, even if you're on a plane, you'll see the Earth's curvature.

How can people / sheeple be so stupid? :p

Cause if it was flat it would still be round and you would still see a rim and not a straight edge dummy!

Back
Top Bottom