When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
My Zoe was £39/month + £79/month battery lease, with a £500 initial payment. 24 months.

My Leaf is £150/month with a £200 initial payment. 36 months.

My Ioniq will be £190 on a 6+23 agreement, fully maintained. 24 months.

If you get the right deal, they aren't necessarily an unreasonable price.

Last edited:
Associate
My Zoe was £39/month + £79/month battery lease, with a £500 initial payment. 24 months.

Hmmmmmmm interesting, I hope the Honda-e has something in that range. Cheers :)

Soldato
Well that's it....I'm going Electric!

Audi E-Tron order just placed :D Not bad for £386 a month with no upfront fee......especially considering fuel savings, insurance, servicing, breakdown, gap insurance and tax benefits < mainly this

Soldato
Agreed to buy an e-Golf SEL Premium today, $30,000 out the door less the $7,500 Federal tax credit less the $3,125 NJ EV rebate = a net cost of $19,375. Seems very good for a brand new car and will be ideal for local journeys.

Hopefully picking up on Saturday but it's 220 miles away in Maryland so I'll have to stop to charge once or twice on the way home - luckily there seems to be plenty of DC fast chargers along I-95.

Just over £15k :eek: That is stupidly good value!

Soldato
So budget remains on the same date, and we will see if the goverenment ev subsidy gets modified, given earlier discussion about macheovelic tax raiding, this could be that

other news -
https://evfleetworld.co.uk/bmw-3-series-to-get-three-new-plug-in-hybrids/

The 12.0kWh lithium-ion battery, manufactured inhouse, is positioned under the rear seat, bringing a slight impact on boot space, which falls to 1,420 litres. Electric-only range stands at 34 to 36 miles and charging can be carried out via a BMW i Wallbox, taking 3.4 hours to achieve full capacity, while using the standard charging cable at conventional household sockets gives a 100% charge in 5.7 hours.
they've got proprietary charging ?

Soldato
Soldato
but, if they come up with this new 6cyclinder inline, could be hard to resist, they already reputedly have the handling to match BMW, and ... with the engine too.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterl...llaboration-on-radical-new-6-cylinder-engine/

Why? I don't get the thinking of Mazda sometimes. Developing small batteries when just about everyone else is pursuing larger ones, now this? Is it really worth the development cost for a new 6-cylinder engine, when everyone else is downsizing? There's being idiosyncratic, and being plain silly.

That article is from July 2019, by the way.

Soldato
they maybe keeping their eye in for hydrogen, their non-turbo NA plus wankel direction, already set them apart ;
whether they'll have better access to the UK market, with trade deals, to give us more of their range.

Soldato

That is a great price for an Ioniq full electric - What Spec and Mileage?

We're just shy of 300 miles into our Ioniq. Getting used to it nicely now. Done what would be one of our longer journeys in it (to Bristol) and it was brilliant on the motorway.

Soldato
Watched a vid of the Model 3 Long Range at a V3 Supercharger station being taken from 2% charge to 50% in 11 minutes and only 27 mins total to go to 80%. Not bad at all, this is at 250KW.

This was in Vegas. 24 V3 stalls and 15 V2s. Huge solar array on the roof. Looked like the guy had got it to himself.

Soldato
They have something set up at Marble Arch (London) at the moment, I had a quick look at the weekend but my wife wouldn’t let me go in. The car looked nice from the outside, much better than the pictures. Specs look decent and the price is about right. What’s not to like?

The only negatives I can think of is the long distance public charging network just isn’t as good as Tesla but it looks like they’ll beat the model Y to market in the UK. It’s also pretty expensive for a Ford.

Soldato
Well I'm now fully committed to electric. My weekend toy for the last 10 years has been sold and that money will go towards my next EV.

My final switch was influenced by the "smart" tariffs being offered by a few energy suppliers. I'm now with Octopus and will start on their Go tariff. This should mean a 4 hour window each day to charge at 5p/kwh which will more than cover any daily travel needs.

Last edited:
Soldato
I 'think' I'm about to take the next step and move from my Leaf to an i3. The main thing hanging over my decision though is the lack of a heated steering wheel. One of my favourite features of the Leaf.

Soldato
I 'think' I'm about to take the next step and move from my Leaf to an i3. The main thing hanging over my decision though is the lack of a heated steering wheel. One of my favourite features of the Leaf.

I'd borrow an i3 for a week before you commit. They aren't as good as some folks make out, not saying they are terrible but they are expensive for what's on offer.

Back
Top Bottom