** NEW ASUS MONITORS - 280Hz, 43 INCHES, ELMB, G-SYNC ULTIMATE, FREESYNC2 AND MORE ** **

Soldato
Any issues with blurry text?

How do you mean blurry text do you mean does it blur when scrolling or does text look not sharp or discoloured because of the pixel layout?

I have tried to take a picture with my phone with max zoom to show the pixel layout and i think it is indeed BGR. i am sitting about 1 metre from the screen and text looks fine to my eyes.

https://img.techpowerup.org/200223/img-20200223-113008.jpg

Associate
Associate
Any issues with blurry text? A review on YouTube mentioned it as it appears to be using the BGR pixel format.

Any other thoughts much appreciated.

I dont know if the txt is similar to what I see with my monitor ie sometimes they use the same panel with just better insides for different monitors. But I dont find a problem with my txt; my close vision is starting to go thou (Im 48) so I actually Really appreciate the 43" screen and even increase the letter size another 25%. The monitor I have is in my sig. The philips version. I Really like mine would not want to use something smaller ok maybe if it was really good for some reason.

Soldato
I dont know if the txt is similar to what I see with my monitor ie sometimes they use the same panel with just better insides for different monitors. But I dont find a problem with my txt; my close vision is starting to go thou (Im 48) so I actually Really appreciate the 43" screen and even increase the letter size another 25%. The monitor I have is in my sig. The philips version. I Really like mine would not want to use something smaller ok maybe if it was really good for some reason.

Do you have your 43" screen on a desk in front of you? Do you game on it?

I've been tempted by a 43" screen but some say it's too big for a computer desk.

Associate
Do you have your 43" screen on a desk in front of you? Do you game on it?

I've been tempted by a 43" screen but some say it's too big for a computer desk.

No way 43" isnt too big ... if anything its Awesome! (american for Great :) ... I dont game much; but the 43" is great for productivity ie stock charts and whatever else I do ... watch my nfl. But gaming its great. Just got a new GPU 5700 so have been playing games what I couldnt before with my 970gtx ... kingdom come deliverance, doom 2016, mechwarrior 5 ... All great ... mechwarrior 5 is again awesome on a 43" screen I sit comfortably 29-32 inches away from my screen. I can see the edges ... decently ok. But ya have to look farther then when using a 27" ... All those games listed Ive ran at 1440p at still look great. IMO 1080p on a 43" might be pushing it a bit. (I just know the youtube vids I watch at 1080p look too err chunky compared to the 1440p ones and of course my gaming at that res too looks fine.)

Associate
How do you mean blurry text do you mean does it blur when scrolling or does text look not sharp or discoloured because of the pixel layout?

I have tried to take a picture with my phone with max zoom to show the pixel layout and i think it is indeed BGR. i am sitting about 1 metre from the screen and text looks fine to my eyes.

https://img.techpowerup.org/200223/img-20200223-113008.jpg

I suggest downloading Better ClearType Tuner and trying the BGR subpixel font smoothing. It should look better.

For me BGR subpixels are no go as I also use a Macbook Pro and MacOS does not support anything but RGB font smoothing. It's a real shame because otherwise the PG43UQ has nice specs. Remains to be seen if it performs any better than the XG438Q in motion response as that was a big issue on that display as well.

Associate
I suggest downloading Better ClearType Tuner and trying the BGR subpixel font smoothing. It should look better.

For me BGR subpixels are no go as I also use a Macbook Pro and MacOS does not support anything but RGB font smoothing. It's a real shame because otherwise the PG43UQ has nice specs. Remains to be seen if it performs any better than the XG438Q in motion response as that was a big issue on that display as well.

I can only find one video on Youtube of an actual user who bought the monitor and they seem to be sending it back because of motion blur. Looks similar to last years XG model. I guess it is not something that effects everyone though.

Associate
I can only find one video on Youtube of an actual user who bought the monitor and they seem to be sending it back because of motion blur. Looks similar to last years XG model. I guess it is not something that effects everyone though.

Well it depends on how sensitive you are to motion blur and if you have a direct comparison to a faster panel. I can tell my Samsung CRG9 has more motion blur than my faster TN panel but I don't consider it such a huge issue that it would make the CRG9 unusable in games or anything. The XG438Q seemed to have issues where the overdrive was both too aggressive so it had a lot of overshoot and combined that with VA panel motion blur. If ASUS has fine tuned their overdrive for the PG43UQ so that it does not have massive overshoot then it might look better.

Associate
Well it depends on how sensitive you are to motion blur and if you have a direct comparison to a faster panel. I can tell my Samsung CRG9 has more motion blur than my faster TN panel but I don't consider it such a huge issue that it would make the CRG9 unusable in games or anything. The XG438Q seemed to have issues where the overdrive was both too aggressive so it had a lot of overshoot and combined that with VA panel motion blur. If ASUS has fine tuned their overdrive for the PG43UQ so that it does not have massive overshoot then it might look better.

Well yeah, it always about a persons sensitivity to it. We only have this one short video at the moment so will wait for more impressions.

Associate
Hi all,

Just got some new ASUS Monitors up for pre-order.

Will update with information on stock availability when I have it!

ASUS ROG SWIFT PG43UQ 43" 3840x2160 VA 144Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync HDR1000 LED Backlit Gaming Monitor @ £1,538.95 inc VAT

PG43UQ, Display Resolution 3840x2160, Display Size 43", Refresh Rate 144HZ, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible, 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 4000:1, Panel Type VA, HDR1000, Flicker-Free, Low Blue

Only £1,538.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Please be nice :D

Is the ROG Swift PG43UQ Freesync Premium Pro (Freesync 2) compliant?

I contacted ASUS and they are giving me conflicting answers.

One tech support from ASUS says it's only plain Freesync and G-sync compatible only, Not Freesync 2.

Another one from ASUS as well, said that it is Freesync 2 compliant.

I also get conflicting answers about the ROG Strix XG43UQ, with one ASUS rep saying it's been cancelled, while another saying that it's NOT CANCELLED and will be released in 1st half of 2020

Aaaarghhh!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Soldato

I had seen that video before i bought my PG43UQ and i have played FH4 on it any many other racing games since and to my eyes the monitor handles motion very well. i am not saying there is no motion blur because of course there is but to my eyes it,s very good for what is VA based panel, I wanted an all round gaming monitor for pc and console use and for this so far it has surpassed my expectations, HDR looks beautiful if the game developer does it correctly Gran turismo 5 for example looks simply amazing in HDR on this 1000 nit screen.

Associate
I had seen that video before i bought my PG43UQ and i have played FH4 on it any many other racing games since and to my eyes the monitor handles motion very well. i am not saying there is no motion blur because of course there is but to my eyes it,s very good for what is VA based panel, I wanted an all round gaming monitor for pc and console use and for this so far it has surpassed my expectations, HDR looks beautiful if the game developer does it correctly Gran turismo 5 for example looks simply amazing in HDR on this 1000 nit screen.

Good to hear thanks.

OcUK Staff
OP
Ty it is due soon i hope :D

Will be available to pre-order shortly. Stock whould be here within 2 weeks.

ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM 25" 1920x1080 IPS 280Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync Compatible LED Backlit Gaming Monitor @ £268.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ASUS...mpatible-LED-Backlit-Gaming-Mo-MO-0AY-AS.html

Display Resolution 1920x1080, Display Size 24.5", Refresh Rate 280Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible, 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 1000:1, Panel Type IPS, ELMB, HDR 400, Height Adjust

Only £268.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom