Avenue 5

Soldato
It's a strange one for sure, it's billed as a 'comedy' yet seems to lack any humour at all. Which is ******* bizarre given that it's written and directed by comedy genius Armando Iannucci and has a largely British cast, including some properly funny people.

Man of Honour
Just watched Ep.2 and the launching of the dead into space actually made me laugh, so I think I'll give it a chance.

Weirdo :)
We scattered my Mums ashes at Fenton Cemetery on Monday and just as they're going down the wind got worse and blew them all over the place.
We then released a balloon and it got stuck in a tree, she would have loved it.

Soldato
Weirdo :)
We scattered my Mums ashes at Fenton Cemetery on Monday and just as they're going down the wind got worse and blew them all over the place.
We then released a balloon and it got stuck in a tree, she would have loved it.

I know you shouldn't laugh, but stuff like that does lighten the day up. We had a similar experience when scattering my Great Uncle's remains at sea. Him being lifelong Royal Navy, served the entirety of WWII and stayed in afterwards, he wanted to be scattered at sea to be with all the mates he lost. A friend of the family took us out into the North Sea in his trawler and just as my Grandad begin to scatter the ashes an ungodly gust of wind came out of nowhere and blew them back and scattered them all over the deck. Cue my Grandad rather loudly, and partly in Anglo-Saxon, accusing his Brother of always being a stubborn sod when it came to getting into the water.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
It is, by far, the worst TV show with big(ish) name actors created in this century. You can still hear the screaming of a TV exec who passed on "The Orville" and now yells at his subordinates to bring him "sci fi ship comedy thing" at all cost during the opening credits. What bet has Hugh Laurie lost to be in it we'll never know. Every single character is top level annoying. Absolutely no character to root for. No story line or plot other than people annoyingly yelling at each other (for 90 minutes by now). One stupid and physically incorrect "because gravity" mcguffin is currently milked for three episodes ad infinitum as two separate "plots". It is such a car crash you just have to watch it like a deer hypnotised by bright headlights of a fast approaching car.

Also Joshua Gad. How is this individual still employable? Amazing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom