Quickest place to get replacement number plates (cheap)

Soldato
Hi, I need a new front plate as it's cracked and dirty water has obscured the plate. It got through MOT last year but it's got worst since then. MOT due on Friday so need to get some urgently. Anywhere cheaper than Halfrauds that can get them this week?

Associate
Halfords plates are clean with only small text at the bottom - that would be my port of call in a rush rather than cheap ebay plates. Local motorfactors are normally very reasonable too.

Soldato
When I bought my personalised plate, I bought the plates from a cheap eBay seller. This was in 2012. I still have exactly the same plates on my current car and they aren't showing any signs of wear and tear.
ebay seller flashplates who I used in 2012 £10/pair, also still fine, seem to have gone to the wall ? drilled them & bolted them on myself after removing some trim.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
When I bought my personalised plate, I bought the plates from a cheap eBay seller. This was in 2012. I still have exactly the same plates on my current car and they aren't showing any signs of wear and tear.
Mileage kills them rather than age, i only at the end of 2019 changed the first ever set of personal plates which i put onto my S-Class in about 2006, so 13 years. I think they had covered around 250k miles (they spent a while on low mileage cars but the majority of their time on high mileage ones). By the end the front one was so pitted from rocks etc that the ANPR on my office carpark stopped letting me in :p Rear one was still ok though and only replaced "because".

Out of interest, do you guys take any care to break the old plates up? I snapped mine a few times as i was thinking my plates loose for the taking in landfill/tip/wherever they go was maybe not the best idea?

Soldato
Mileage kills them rather than age, i only at the end of 2019 changed the first ever set of personal plates which i put onto my S-Class in about 2006, so 13 years. I think they had covered around 250k miles (they spent a while on low mileage cars but the majority of their time on high mileage ones). By the end the front one was so pitted from rocks etc that the ANPR on my office carpark stopped letting me in :p Rear one was still ok though and only replaced "because".

Hah, my plate has travelled about 100k overall I'd guess so that might explain it! I did notice a whopper of a stone chip in the front one the other week though... Taking one for the team!

Back
Top Bottom