Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem- New ARPG

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I'm about 40-45 hours in and loving it. I've had to change my builds for some of the boss fights as they were proving really tough.

I can understand they had to release the game to generate more coin to keep the studio going, they went from a few mates to 40+ over the years which is a ton of wages.

My only gripe is the number of people who cheated - gold and duping - if they had to wipe I'd have no probs with it although the majority I think would be against it.

honestly wouldnt be too much bothered about the duping because once we get seasons or whatever they get called will solve anyone's advantage im guessing.

the biggest issue i have for now is how half of the passive skills seem to be either broken or just not working, reading this evening on reddit that shield skills maybe bugged so honestly just giving up until the next patch.

Associate
I've had fun with this so far, but I'm tempted to shelf it until we get some balance patches. Melee is king at the moment and some of the spell casting stuff just doesn't scale well enough.

I was using playing with Thunderstrike, using ailments along with skills like Anomaly and the Turrets. Damage felt ok until I swapped the turrets for bleeding edge and saw that it was doing double the damage of every other skill. I then switched to to a two handed unique I picked up and started doing about 4 times the damage, even with a spell caster passive tree setup. I've since re rolled my passives to a melee build and I'm seeing numbers maybe 10-15 times higher than they were.

It still needs a good amount of work, but there's some good potential here for it to be a much better version of D3.

Soldato
I have stopped playing for now. Annoys me when within a week or so all the builds are known and there is just one method really to win. Yes there is variation but it's all about a few skills only.

After 40hours I do feel that it has run out of steam for me already. Diablo always felt like there was momentum, but this does not right now.

Will return with leagues to see how they play out.

Soldato
Completed the story, now the real grind starts :)

Gone dual wield pistols fully speccing into attack speed and extra shots, like holding two Uzi's :D

Associate
Just got to level 40 with a mage and spend half my time dying to elites in ACT3 ! Kinda P***** me of to be fair and end up getting bored very quickly, Feels feel repetitive , Smash the same combos over and over and over for hours on end just to level up and get WEAKER! lol that how it feels to me anyway.

Caporegime
I've got a refund on it, the fluidity just isn't there for me with the combat, I can see scope for it becoming a really good arpg but it's not even on Grim Dawn's level at the moment which is based on an old engine and has its own issues with clipping and what not. However, the build variations in that mean you can pump in hundreds if not thousands of hours and barely have touched the sheer number of class combinations there are.

By the time this gets up to standard you will also have PoE 2 (which is essentially a massive update instead of a new title) and D4 around the corner, although Blizzard could royally **** the latter up based on D3's launch and their recent failures.

Soldato
I think we can safely assume Blizzard will screw up D4. Just as we can safely assume Bethesda will screw up ES VI. They're just not interested in making good games in a customer-friendly manner. Throw some half-arsed, unfinished crap out the door, lie about features etc, make up some grabage "road map" and then monetize the crap out of it until its been bled dry and then keels over and dies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
ES IV is already a mess as they are using the tried and bug infested beast that is the creation engine yet again, so expect flying horses once more.

Associate
Form what I gather, it's Bleeding Edge that is entirely broken rather than melee in itself.

Its the one passive on the bleeding edge skill that increases damage based on number of ailments affecting the mob that's currently broken afaik. Being able to take nodes in the tree to be able to stack 100+ ailments makes the damage skyrocket. All they need to do to stop this is put a cap on the number of ailments that are taken into account for the damage increase, be interesting to see how they approach it!

Soldato
Hmmm, not sure I'm actually running with that passive. Tried some other melee abilities instead of Bleeding Edge yesterday and they all sucked in comparison, going to have to go see if I'm using that perk now!

Have made some decent progress in the game now, going through the expeditions now to level up my gear. Gone from around 15k health to double that, whilst drastically improving my dps from just a handful of runs. Not sure what I'm going to do next in the skill tree, got a handful of available points but nothing is jumping out at me right now - think I'll wait until the next balance patch to see where to go.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Hmmm, not sure I'm actually running with that passive. Tried some other melee abilities instead of Bleeding Edge yesterday and they all sucked in comparison, going to have to go see if I'm using that perk now!
It's not just a skill perk, you need to spec a significant number of points in the purple passive tree to make it as broken as it is.
Best way to farm legendarys after story mode?
Modify expeditions
Climb expedition ranks
Transmute rares in the dark market (which requires productivity gained from... expeditions).

Expeditions is all there is in endgame. There is the other map mode but it's not worth doing.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Maps are totally worth doing, some of my best loot came from maps.
Define best loot.
It's pure rng that you got it in maps. The volume of loot is better in expeditions therefore more throws of the dice, and the rarity has better odds with magic find. You cannot increase the stats on maps, and given productivity drives the end game you get better returns for projects.

edit: if you mean using the map items, sure. still expeds though. I was talking about skipping the mandates board.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom