Energy Suppliers

Soldato
egh ...bristol aren't going to let you switch if you have an outstanding issue open with ombudsman ... that would be compounding the issue ?

Bill is settled, owe them nothing. Switch is already done, they're just useless. Hence using an estimated gas meter reading from about 1982. Plus you can have an outstanding issue open at any point, as long as you don't owe them money.

Seeing as its taken them since September to even register my complaint, I reckon it wouldn't be sorted until about 2030 if they kept it in house.

Caporegime
Just had new house 'you are on a super expensive tariff' letter.

Gonna switch to green.
Heavy electric user and their unit cost is so cheap!

Last edited:
Soldato
green.energy must differ a lot by region, in cam was 15p/day,12.3p unit. ... and although units same as bulb, std charge, both £100/year less

ok looks cheaper top variable oak&(green) / birch, principally down to the standing charge, currently half the bulb one, units on oak just ~0.2 cheaper.
but I don't see why there standing charge on fixed is so large ?

49326727516_7e8d8c3c00_c_d.jpg

Soldato
Seems a pretty weird pricing strategy at green
since they are new, do they have some kind of quota for different areas of the country, so that they can finance smart meter installs or meter reading folks.
I don't think I'd now sign up with them ... is there a forum for their customers.

Caporegime
Eon currently showing cheapest for me

Leccy
Unit rate 14.274p per kWh
Standing charge 10.458p per day

Gaz
Unit rate 2.574p per kWh

Would mean agreeing to a smart meter install though so not sure it's worth it.

Oh and there's an exit fee.

Last edited:
Soldato

Leccy
Unit rate4 1.274p per kWh

Gaz
Unit rate 2.574p per kWh

Are your decimal points in the correct places as that's crazy cheap!

Caporegime
Sorry, no, strange things sometimes happen when trying to format on mobile phone.

Electricity is 14.274p/kwh, corrected it in original post.

With Avro, I currently pay 13.125 /kWh and 15.75p/day

Gas is 2.966/kWh and same 15.75p a day

Associate
Looking through everyone today edf was cheapest but had exit fees. I decided to go with Octopus in the end. Nearly as cheap as edf but with no exit fee. Also if I go for an EV I can switch to a cheaper overnight rate to charge the car. Just waiting for switch to happen.

no cashback with them but seems the saving covers it. Also managed £50 on initial credit as some one at work had a referral code as existing customer with his EV. Better than nothing and if it doesn’t work out I can switch again.

Soldato
Looking through everyone today edf was cheapest but had exit fees. I decided to go with Octopus in the end. Nearly as cheap as edf but with no exit fee. Also if I go for an EV I can switch to a cheaper overnight rate to charge the car. Just waiting for switch to happen.

no cashback with them but seems the saving covers it. Also managed £50 on initial credit as some one at work had a referral code as existing customer with his EV. Better than nothing and if it doesn’t work out I can switch again.

Coincidentally I started my switch to Octopus in December. When that completed late December early January I started the switch to GO which required a SMETS2 upgrade. 20th of February I had the Gas & Electricity meters installed and this morning was the first time on the 5p/kwh tariff between 00:30am - 04:30am.

I started charging my Model 3 at 01:30am and set the charge limit to 70% so only about 2 hours of charging. Previously my meter display would report £1.18/hr @ 8kw charging and now it's showing £0.40/hr @ 8kw so a noticeable drop in cost.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime

Leccy
Unit rate 14.274p per kWh

Gaz
Unit rate 2.574p per kWh

Thats very expensive compared with southern rates for electricity, shows the region variation in play.

Back
Top Bottom