Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
:eek:

Looks epic in silver, really shows off the body creases.

Are you running steel brakes on yours?

Thanks! I love the color, and I’m not normally a silver fan. Looks like liquid metal.

I do have steels on mine, yes. I really didn’t want the added cost of the ceramics if I take it to the track, though somehow Honda have managed to make dustier brakes than even Porsche.

The NSX is my every day car, and other than the lack of cabin storage as you’ve mentioned, it has been superb!

Soldato
Thanks! I love the color, and I’m not normally a silver fan. Looks like liquid metal.

I do have steels on mine, yes. I really didn’t want the added cost of the ceramics if I take it to the track, though somehow Honda have managed to make dustier brakes than even Porsche.

The NSX is my every day car, and other than the lack of cabin storage as you’ve mentioned, it has been superb!

Good to hear man. I’m not seen many NSX’s on steels in the UK tbh. The ceramics are epic but not looking forward to replace to time aha.

How do you find the exhaust note? I was alittle underwhelmed under I got the Quicksilver race cats in, really livens the car up. Have you got any mods planned?

Soldato
Everything is welcome
You say this. Last time I went (first of 2020) the entrance marshal really didn't like the fact that a motorbike turned up and even said "it's a car event, you have to park round the back" despite the motorbike bay being empty round the front and in previous years it being used for motorbikes. :rolleyes:

Advertised as a 'motoring enthusiasts' event and then getting that 'welcome' on the gate really didn't set a good tone for me, which is a shame as it's been really good in the past. They also get bikes to park up on gravel and dirt (apart from one very small concrete pad) round the back which is utterly moronic given bike stands will sink into the surface.

Queues for food have made it a no-go for that side of it too which again is a shame, from well before the cafe opened until I left at 10ish there was a massive queue to the main entrance door of people.

They've also changed the event now entirely which, again, imo spoils it somewhat but it's split over the month for age and vehicle types.

https://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/events

I liked the mix of pre war cars parked along side brand new exotica with some bikes thrown in but now it's pre 80s, post 80s and bikes as three different events. I get why they've done it, as it's a very popular event but it just means if you have/like a large range of vehicles you're a bit stuck for seeing them all in one go.

Soldato
Yeah I'm kind of with you there. I would prefer the event to stay mixed, but it's so busy now they had to change something. Have to say I've seen plenty of bikes & bikers before, so might be a one off you got that reaction.

Soldato
I've always gone in a car before and been early so parked out the front, always seen plenty of bikes out the front too but that occasion it was a flat "bikes have to go round the back" even with half the front parking empty. I could have understood it if I turned up at 9am or 10am but I was there around 7.45am or something, so it was quiet at that point. As I say, it is a shame given the event is usually really good and everyone (marshals included) are decent people but it's easy for one bad experience to tarnish things. On the flip side the manager/organiser of the event who was running around ensuring there was parking for the cars was stopping and saying hi to everyone, myself included which I thought was nice given she was clearly very busy trying to organise things. :)
That one was much busier than I've seen it before too, although numbers didn't really pick up until around 10am, where they had to actually stop people entering the site due to lack of parking...wet field meant massively reduced available parking.

Given it was a cold and wet day in Jan and they were overflowing I can see why they have decided to split things up a bit.

Soldato
Good to hear man. I’m not seen many NSX’s on steels in the UK tbh. The ceramics are epic but not looking forward to replace to time aha.

How do you find the exhaust note? I was alittle underwhelmed under I got the Quicksilver race cats in, really livens the car up. Have you got any mods planned?

It’s definitely a little muted, sounds better inside than out. I’m probably going to do a titanium straight pipe setup and delete the mufflers. I’ll probably leave the cats alone but who knows!

Will fit some PS4S’ soon, and probably add some carbon shift paddles. Other than that, I had the whole front third of the car wrapped in PPF, and I need to get around to getting the laser shifters installed.

Soldato
It’s definitely a little muted, sounds better inside than out. I’m probably going to do a titanium straight pipe setup and delete the mufflers. I’ll probably leave the cats alone but who knows!

Will fit some PS4S’ soon, and probably add some carbon shift paddles. Other than that, I had the whole front third of the car wrapped in PPF, and I need to get around to getting the laser shifters installed.

I've recently had the PS4S fitted, not done too many miles (weather is poor) but the comfort has improved over the contis tenfold.

Can't recommend the Quicksilver race cats enough. The pipe holding both cats is about 2 foot long, so needlessly restrictive. Changes the whole sound. Although you have easier access to Science of Speed & Fabspeed etc being in the US.

Carbon shifters sounds like a good shout, are you going for stick ons or total replacements? The stock ones are so plasticky so I don't blame you. Euroboutique do some iirc.

Video of NSX with Quicklsiver racecats:

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/products/honda-nsx-race-catalysts-200-cpsi-2017-on

video_encoding_z.jpg
[/url]NSX sound

Soldato
Sounds great with the quicksilver cats. The Conti’s are just such a poor choice for this car. Looking forward to replacing them.

I’m going to do the Euroboutique paddles, they look excellent.

Cheers mate. Let me know how you get on, they look quality.

That sounds much fruitier than I expected, the turbo whoosh sounds mega. I get plenty of that in the cabin of my 4C, but not really from the exhaust.

Yeah much needed theatrics vs stock.

Mmmmmmm I'm an NSX fan now.

Goood.

Soldato
We have a lease Leon Cupra Estate going back in June so I was after another estate and as I enjoy importing, went for a Legacy, won this last night

Its always been one on my list to try

Soldato
Naa, those photos are the auctions own photos, this one is from USS Saitama

Anything you see on JDMauctionwatch is just from all of the different auction houses, I tend to use Pacific Coast JDM as my agent these days.

This one is a Legacy 2.5GT S Package on Grade 4b with the auto box. Looking forward to it

Back
Top Bottom