Credit Score Advise

Soldato
Hopefully as it's not financial advise, this thread will be allowed....

---
For an old company I took out 5 years ago an EE SIM only deal with a 4G router as a back-up line for the office but as it was a small business as the time, it somehow went under me as an individual. Since leaving the company and forgetting this even existing, they cancelled the direct debit in January which resulted in a late payment. EE has sent me a letter about the late payment, to which I have instantly and cancelled the account. However, they have marked this on my otherwise perfect credit score.

I have raised a complaint to EE as they said they tried to contact me on multiple occasions, which turned out to be they sent texts to the SIM (which was in a router so didn't receive them with the router we had) and tried contacting me via the online portal (which I couldn't even log into or would know to log into to check) to follow up on the payment. They came back with computer says no, but I am going to escalate it as I don't think it's fair as they made no real effort or duty of care to check I had received these communications.

So while I wait for the result of the above, how likely is it that 1 single missed £30.67 phone payment for 1 month will effect my credit worthiness in the future? I am about to move house and hence a new mortgage and worried this will cause issues on this front.

Soldato
Provided it's just 1 missed payment and you brought it up to date the following month I doubt it'll affect you much at all.

I'm a mortgage underwriter since 2006 none of the lenders I worked for would give a **** about that.

Soldato
Well currently, I have the top 999 or similar score across the credit reports I have access too.

Credit score is mostly meaningless. People get hung up on that, I've never paid attention, actually most lenders I work for you can't even see it.

Lenders do their own internal scoring (well most) and it'll be based on a whole ton of factors.

Back
Top Bottom