This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Two doors up - a uni student-rented house with several indian females and two males - one of the females was screaming out, it appears she has just been assaulted by one or two males in the house. Calling the police now.

Soldato
@Clov!s I don't blame you for wanting a Samsung instead of an Apple :p but I wouldn't upgrade unless you really have to. I have a galaxy S7 and it's still going strong (touch wood)

I regularly check my o2 for SIM only upgrades and am currently on a plan where I'm paying £6.50 for the first 3 months and then it's £13 a month. That said my latest bill was only £5.01 :cool:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
1.46am now. Just got back from the police station with the young neighbor. She made an assault statement. From India right enough. I've given her a safe place to stay for the night in one of our spare bedrooms.

Caporegime
Don't listen to her @Clov!s she's nowt but trouble. :p

oh. First I heard of this. :eek:
I hear stories all the time from friends who are at or have been to uni. That's not to say that there aren't loads of lovely Indian students, but some of them do build up a bit of a bad rap for the others.

I'm trying really hard not to sound racist because that isn't my intention, but I'm not sure it's working... Sorry. :p

Permabanned
Sexual harassment, and to a lesser degree, sexual assault.

It's the most dangerous country in the world to be a women.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_women_in_India

And it's not because women are attacking other women. It's the men. A culture that still has a caste system. That sees males as more financially beneficial and more important; and women as a financial and social burden. A culture that still heavily practices female infanticide and sex selective abortion.

Some of the crimes committed against women in India are ******* horrific. Lone girls being gang raped, beaten half to death and then set on fire. Or even being set on fire on their way to the hearing.

Permabanned
I hear stories all the time from friends who are at or have been to uni. That's not to say that there aren't loads of lovely Indian students, but some of them do build up a bit of a bad rap for the others.

I'm trying really hard not to sound racist because that isn't my intention, but I'm not sure it's working... Sorry.

Be careful pointing the figures, I think it's all in general.

Caporegime
It's the most dangerous country in the world to be a women.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_women_in_India

And it's not because women are attacking other women. It's the men. A culture that still has a caste system. That sees males as more financially beneficial and more important; and women as a financial and social burden. A culture that still heavily practices female infanticide and sex selective abortion.

Some of the crimes committed against women in India are ******* horrific. Lone girls being gang raped, beaten half to death and then set on fire. Or even being set on fire on their way to the hearing.

Yep. And if someone with those beliefs moves to another country, the beliefs don't get magically left behind.

Soldato
@Clov!s I don't blame you for wanting a Samsung instead of an Apple :p but I wouldn't upgrade unless you really have to. I have a galaxy S7 and it's still going strong (touch wood)

I regularly check my o2 for SIM only upgrades and am currently on a plan where I'm paying £6.50 for the first 3 months and then it's £13 a month. That said my latest bill was only £5.01 :cool:
Well i put my iPhone 11 Pro up for sale today and it sold within the hour, tempted to go for the Pixel 4 XL, not too sure though :o

Soldato
I bought a OnePlus 7 Pro last week as it has all the features I need and no stupid notch or punch hole display shenanigans. I didn't need it as my 5T is fine, but thought bugger it, self bought birthday present! Then remembered I hadn't bought a suit for a wedding on Saturday yet and also that I'll need it tailored owing to being prodigiously endowed with cuddle muscle and having the measurements of a slightly elongated midget. Oh and the car needs a service. Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom