Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
OP
I was looking at purchasing tickets to see either Green Day on June 24th or Guns N' Roses on the 25th June . . . .

It's the same venue (Glasgow Green) and while I'm really swaying towards GnR there's something in me that says I'd much rather remember them from back in the day if that makes sense?

I'm wondering if anyone else here has purchased tickets to see either of the above and what their thoughts are?

Soldato
I was looking at purchasing tickets to see either Green Day on June 24th or Guns N' Roses on the 25th June . . . .

It's the same venue (Glasgow Green) and while I'm really swaying towards GnR there's something in me that says I'd much rather remember them from back in the day if that makes sense?

I'm wondering if anyone else here has purchased tickets to see either of the above and what their thoughts are?

Both? :p

I saw Green Day a few years ago at Hyde Park, not a huge fan personally, they're ok, but the gig was absolutely fantastic they were so on it that night. Was a fan of GnR and saw them a few times back in the day and i'd probably choose Green Day again.

Fontaines D.C for me tonight and The Dead South on Friday.

Associate
Both? :p

I saw Green Day a few years ago at Hyde Park, not a huge fan personally, they're ok, but the gig was absolutely fantastic they were so on it that night. Was a fan of GnR and saw them a few times back in the day and i'd probably choose Green Day again.

Fontaines D.C for me tonight and The Dead South on Friday.

I would love to see The Dead South but I got night shifts this week and no money for more gigs this month as I've been to Sabaton, Explosions in the Sky and Dream Theater this week. Next week I'm going to see Alcest and Anathema. And in April I'm going to Prague to see Frog Leap/Leo Morachivalli. Also hoping to get a ticket to see Freedom Call in end of March.

Associate
Not so much upcoming, but just watched Seth Lakeman in Dartmouth. Sang the full Pilgrims tale album (his musical version of the Mayflower Voyage) and a few old favourites too. Was a 6 hour drive down so spent a few nights in Dartmouth. landed in between Storm Ciara and Dennis so was lucky get a few dry days really.

Soldato
Saw Steel Panther on 15/2/2020.

Not my cup of tea, but persuaded to go by a mate who saw them before and said they were good.

Overall, I thought they were really poor! They started okay and played 3 songs. Then, as my mate said, they just 'dicked' about a lot. The set lasted about 90 minutes and a good 30+ minutes of that was taken up by smutty, poor and not very funny jokes!

They had lots of girls on stage, but to me this just seemed to be a cheap way of taking up time. We left a little early and I'd be in no hurry to see thme again!

Associate
Saw Steel Panther on 15/2/2020.

Not my cup of tea, but persuaded to go by a mate who saw them before and said they were good.

Overall, I thought they were really poor! They started okay and played 3 songs. Then, as my mate said, they just 'dicked' about a lot. The set lasted about 90 minutes and a good 30+ minutes of that was taken up by smutty, poor and not very funny jokes!

They had lots of girls on stage, but to me this just seemed to be a cheap way of taking up time. We left a little early and I'd be in no hurry to see thme again!

That sounds just as they were at Wacken Open Air in 2018.. They just messed about on stage so I left and went to get some food and see other shows instead. Absolutely rubbish performance, and I'm not ever going to be tempted to see them again. And as you say, the jokes were really stupid as well.

Associate
I saw Anathema at the London Palladium on Saturday, absolutely lovely venue, and such a great show. They played the album "We're Here Because We're Here" in full as a 10th year anniversary, and then some other songs after that. The backdrop/visuals were really stunning and well done as well, really enjoyed it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Morrisory @ Leeds.

He has still got that presence and arrogance of a rock star even at 60 :) a good night out (nice korean restaurant just down from the venue as well)

Soldato
I saw Anathema at the London Palladium on Saturday, absolutely lovely venue, and such a great show. They played the album "We're Here Because We're Here" in full as a 10th year anniversary, and then some other songs after that. The backdrop/visuals were really stunning and well done as well, really enjoyed it.

Had I not been away on holiday I would have been there too.

Associate

First album of theirs I got into. Always a class act and at that venue sounds like something special!

Associate
First album of theirs I got into. Always a class act and at that venue sounds like something special!

It was a really special show, really really good. Even more lucky now considering that Anathema have had to cancel the rest of their tour.. That album is good but my favorite albums with them are Weather Systems and Distant Satellites. Really loved the venue!

Soldato
I'm booked for The Killers in June - but under no illusion this may get cancelled. Going to be a strange year without any events and then everyone trying to fill 2021.

Back
Top Bottom