BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
£89 brake fluid service has resulted in a £4k bill 10 months into ownership of my Z435iS......

Oil leak, diff leak, suspension broken, tracking is off meaning I need 4 x new tyres

Good job its all covered under AUC Warranty... should I be mad still or just grateful its come up now within warranty?

Caporegime
Just discussing warranty with a mate as he's renewing his Porsche one...

My E92 M3 is on 59k miles, warranty is £1987 a year. When it hits 60001 miles it will go to £4783 a year!

Soldato
£89 brake fluid service has resulted in a £4k bill 10 months into ownership of my Z435iS......

Oil leak, diff leak, suspension broken, tracking is off meaning I need 4 x new tyres

Good job its all covered under AUC Warranty... should I be mad still or just grateful its come up now within warranty?
Grateful.

Caporegime

Most certainly grateful I’d say!

Annoying re the tyres but that could happen anytime.

Soldato
Just discussing warranty with a mate as he's renewing his Porsche one...

My E92 M3 is on 59k miles, warranty is £1987 a year. When it hits 60001 miles it will go to £4783 a year!

That is daylight robbery. My porsche warranty is around 1200 for 2 years. I'd sooner get another car tbh if that's what it costs to keep it under the BMW extended warranty.

I'm sure my M5 was around 1100 a year when I had it years ago. Even then I though it rediculous and was one of the reasons I moved on.

Soldato
Is that a renewal price? £800 seems good. A 320d is £720 fully comp with the £100 excess and roadside assistance for a new policy.

Must be for a renewal policy? The price for the 320d is just crazy!

My 335i last year cost I think £518, £100 excess and includes breakdown cover, due for renewal end of March so am hoping it will be roughly the same to renew.

Soldato
**** poor service from Dicklovett BMW Bristol so far. Am I being dumb, what kind of nonsense excuse is “we have run out of courtesy cars” when Sytner would bend over backwards to get me in a 24 hour test drive whilst mines in.

Then they arrange something via enterprise for me because of all the work they are now getting warranty wise..... and it’s not turned up.

Soldato
Was it booked in or an emergency? For booked in, all my local dealers have quoted me a 6-8 week wait before a courtesy car will be available. Last few times I couldn't be arsed and just left the car with them and got a lift back and there then to pick it up.

Soldato
Poor show. My local dealer would offer me one of the sale cars to take instead, if the designated courtesy cars weren't available.

My OPC does this now. Last time they gave me a 911. Was pretty happy about that.

Associate
@[TW]Fox are renewals cheaper than the new policy price for the insured warranty? If so what's the rough difference? Been looking at F11s recently but £123 a month for the top cover seems quite steep. Would an AUC example be cheaper to add warranty to when the AUC warranty expires? Thanks

Caporegime
**** poor service from Dicklovett BMW Bristol so far. Am I being dumb, what kind of nonsense excuse is “we have run out of courtesy cars” when Sytner would bend over backwards to get me in a 24 hour test drive whilst mines in.

Then they arrange something via enterprise for me because of all the work they are now getting warranty wise..... and it’s not turned up.

Sounds like the excuses I used to get from Stratstone. Really poor. It was one of the major causes behind me leaving the brand behind.

Back
Top Bottom