*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Does anyone buy digital games from the global stores? Any tips? do you set up an additional profile and use a fee free card to purchase the games? I believe you only need another email address? Don't even need a postal address to get up and running?

Man of Honour
Does anyone buy digital games from the global stores? Any tips? do you set up an additional profile and use a fee free card to purchase the games? I believe you only need another email address? Don't even need a postal address to get up and running?

You just change your region on the my Nintendo website, buy the game from the eShop, then change your region back.

I have no idea why people faff around with multiple accounts as it is not needed and causes issues.

Associate
Thanks Kreeee,
You just change your region on the my Nintendo website, buy the game from the eShop, then change your region back.

I have no idea why people faff around with multiple accounts as it is not needed and causes issues.
Thanks Kreeeee, do you have to do this via the console? I tried it via a PC and couldn't purchase from the Argentinian store because it was prompting me for new card details and (Argentine) address.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks Kreeee,

Thanks Kreeeee, do you have to do this via the console? I tried it via a PC and couldn't purchase from the Argentinian store because it was prompting me for new card details and (Argentine) address.

You can't use every store as some territories have incompatible purchase methods. The South African and Russian eShops I know work with UK credit cards or PayPal.

Associate
Ok thanks will look into it, seems each store is somewhat different. I couldn't even load the Argentine store earlier on my switch. And couldn't use either my credit card or paypal on the US store. Will check out the Russian and SA stores!

Associate
You can't use every store as some territories have incompatible purchase methods. The South African and Russian eShops I know work with UK credit cards or PayPal.

It never used to accept my Starling account on the South African store. Don't know if it's the bank or me that was causing the issues.

Back
Top Bottom