Online Gaming Survey (Fiveub approved)

Associate
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently looking for some major help with my final year Psychology project @ Keele University, the study is looking at "the importance of communication in online gaming".

The study takes around 5 to 10 minutes to complete and asks a series of questions surrounding an online gaming story. Those who take part can enter a prize draw, with two people winning a £25 game voucher to the platform of their choice.

If you can spare the time i would be grateful, the only condition for taking part is that your over 16 years of age.

Please use the link below to start the survey.

Many Thanks for your support..

EL_Jock

Last edited:
Soldato
also completed.... PS true story last time I played CS I had some twonk barking orders at me and telling me to call him "Sir" and was told i was rubbish and should go elsewhere So i shot him in the head and then got kicked.

last time i played DOTA2 I got told i was a feeder and to come back when i got some skills..... so i uninstalled.

so it is fair to say i come up as quite an extreme on the survey. Personally i think competetive gamers have a high probability of being dicks....... and whilst i always do do my best for the team when playing, if i am not good enough for them they can frankly do one..... (thankfully for most competeitve gamers i tend to stick to coop PvE with people i know these days).

Soldato
I avoid MOBA's like the plague, out of all the games I've played online I find them to have the worst communities by far.

Even playing the milk-toast Heroes of the Storm can be horrendous at times. The last match I played I had second pick, first guy went support so I picked Tyrael (warrior/tank), then the rest of the team proceeded to pick tank/warrior heroes for some reason. Obviously we ended up getting wrecked because we had no damage dealers, yet 100% of the abuse for us losing was targeted at ME for 'going tank instead of DPS' -- not the rest of the team who watched me pick a tank hero and then followed suit, one after the other like a bunch of lemmings. It was absolutely unreal, genuine unstable rage over a computer game, which is bad enough, but focused on entirely the wrong person rather than having any personal accountability. Every single MOBA I've ever played has had people acting like that, it doesn't matter what level you're playing at.

I'd say modern multiplayer FPS games are generally in second place in terms of having poor communities. Although co-op PvE games like Killing Floor are often much better in that regard, it seems the competitive nature of PvP is just too much for a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom