The Tesla Thread

For the mainstream manufacturers it tends to be that the physical parts that are fitted are things like the wiring looms, but not things like heated seats etc. As they work to JIT the suppliers will deliver the correct seats for teh correct car in the right order, no need to pay extra for the parts when the customer isnt. Some of the smaller things may be there though, its economies of scale vs cost savings on parts, the lower the cost saving the more chance of one single part being used.

When it comes to software however its almost all certain to be there, just not enabled.

Tesla probably went for the simplest option for them specified on setup and just live with the fact they may lose a few $ here and there.

I can switch things on on my Audi, but as they are not recorded as being options when the dealer downloads the latest updates they will disappear again since the software wont be set to enable them.
I suspect Tesla could do the same all comes down to how much they want to update and when.

Soldato
The LR has an option for more power too to bring it closer to the Performance model. I did briefly have the rear seats appear in my aircon screen when I picked up my SR+ back in 2019 but as I didn't pay for them I wasn't bothered when they were patched out.

Next plan is the subscription services via the screen which I'm not bothered about so that also won't affect me. The only upgrade I would pay for currently is auto lane changes with the basic Autopilot. I'd consider more power but Tesla have given ~10% already in 2 updates which was nice. I'm guessing more power would be starting to stretch the limits.

Soldato
My M3P has finally got a collection date of next wed at 4pm. Body kit and wrap now booked in :)

Then I can finally test the TeslaTV app I wrote on a landscape screen rather than my Model'S portrait one..

Gog

Gog

Associate
Had a test drive last week and after a lot of deliberation I'm going to put an order in for a LR this weekend. Anyone want to trust me a referral for the free supercharge miles?

Soldato
I got a nice discount. Will probably tank further but picked up a small holding for now around $630. Remembered this discussion :)

I expect the global markets to go to complete **** this year, I've taken loads out and have watched every company I own(ed) drop but one who had a good announcement. I'll likely buy them all back at (hopefully) the bottom of the market when we know the scale of the impact this (COVID-19) will have on 2020 and possibly beyond.

Soldato
Yes, sorry. Just going by estimates that were making the rounds on reddit... now in hindsight, they were way off. But it was estimated < £400 p/month with £4000 down.
Obviously the lack of the Base Standard Range and just the SR+ being available also doesn't help.

Soldato
Love it, even though I dislike white cars. :)

How was the collection experience?

Haha. I'm lucky that white would be my choice and it hasn't always been the free option!

From another forum... Yeah all good! I arrived a bit early (an hour before appt @ 2pm) so had a little spy of it outside beforehand, then went in and 'checked in' and they basically offered to give me a 1-2-1 or grab a coffee and come back for the group. So yeah, took the 1-2-1 and was out of there by 2.10pm. Shop was empty and didn't see any other collectors. Charge was at 90% and it was plugged in when I arrived.

Gave it a good look over and tested everything on the checklist, no problems at all that I can see. Stopped at Halfords to buy numberplate tape on the way back!

Just lovely to drive, especially coming from '63 reg Kia Sportage 1.7CRDi :D. And man does it shift! Though only had a short run, and only just put one pedal driving on when I got back (didn't know it was called Hold).

Home charger works, so all good!

Only dissapointment (unless I'm missing something) is no linking of Google accounts for Maps history/recent searches on other devices, and as always non-Spotify interfaces are worse than legit Spotify; sorting playlists from oldest to newest with no option (that I can see) of changing that, for example.

Overall, awesome!

Associate
if you have any address/location or POI on your phone share it to the tesla app and it will set the car navigation before you get in. that and pre heeting for just 5-10 mins is all that really needed to make it a plesure to drive every time you have an excuse to go somewhere :p

enjoy - there is allways plenty to learn and even new tricks over time as you get software updates. been a bit slow with updates since xmas but they are working on the Autopilot backed rewrite so once that starts to come early access should be exciting. they may get my ££ at that point for FSD but will watch the progress carefully.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom