Do you ever play on a old console after buying a new console?

Associate
Hi,
When you buy a new console, do you ever play on the old consoles again? When I buy a new console I never switch on the old console on again and it ends up going in the attic

Do you others play on old consoles again after buying a new one? Just wondering?

Caporegime
I have been known to get the PS3 out of its box now and again. But it doesn’t stay connected for very long as it really is showing its age now. PS Now kind of negates it as most of the PS3 games I own are playable via streaming - indeed I just finished ICO tonight.

Soldato
Was ico on ps3? I had that on ps2. Loved that game.

I haven't played on my 1x since I got my pro but that's because I have been playing HZD and I have some other exclusives to play. Namely spiderman and GoW.

But I have a massive library of unplayed games on my 1x that I will return to. Random stuff like the remake of outcast but also some AAA stuff too.

Also have a massive library of unplayed games on my pro too though!

So many games, so little time!

Soldato
I've got my PC, PS3, PS2, Xbox 360 and my Xbox One X. I prefer the older Tiger Woods games and have been playing one or two others that aren't backward compatible. The rest have gathered dust this week. :p

Soldato
Sure do.

Still play Time Crisis, HOTD and other Move/Gun games on the PS3 when had a few drinks. The 360 gets powered on now and again for some PGR goodness and even the OG Xbox for SSX Tricky.

Mainly the stuff I cannot emulate.

Soldato
I occasionally fire up my PS3, I haven't bothered buying a current gen console.

I regularly play older games though, I just emulate anything pre 360/PS3 era. Mostly old console exclusive JRPG's and the like.

Soldato
Yes, after getting PS4 on release, I still used my PS3 on occasions. The last time I played my PS3 or 360 was some time last year, PS+ sub has ended and now I pretty much am only gaming on my PC. I do have 360 and PS4 connected to my monitor and the PS3 connected to the TV, so I can game on any of them whenever I wish.

Soldato
I still use my Original Xbox now and again same with the 360. Can't say I have been bothered by any of the previous Playstations after the new one has come out.

Soldato
I'm gonna

I know even the ps3 look completely dated I dread to what a og xbox or ps2 looks like

That's why you emulate! :p

You can improve visuals a fair bit, there's even communities dedicated to making texture packs and the like for some games. You can get fantastic results just from running some games at 4K, even PS1 era stuff.

Here's an example of running PS1 titles at 4K:

Associate
That's why you emulate! :p

You can improve visuals a fair bit, there's even communities dedicated to making texture packs and the like for some games. You can get fantastic results just from running some games at 4K, even PS1 era stuff.

Here's an example of running PS1 titles at 4K:

Wow that's Driver loved that game lol

Soldato
Had loads of games I hadn't finished on PS3, some I hadn't even played - but I dropped that console like a hot potato when the PS4 came out - I guess the graphics ***** in me just couldn't face taking a step backwards. I eventually gave that console and all the games away to a neighbor's kid.

Associate
Have them all hooked up still from NES, SNES, N64, Sega Dreamcast, GC, Wii, Wii U XBox original, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro.
Excluding the PS4 pro and Xbox One X, the Nintendo consoles are on most often.
To be fair though, I mainly just like looking at them and remembering the good times. Firing up the old games (particurarly early 3D ones) in the cold light of day today can ruin the memory. Mario Kart on SNES is timeless though.

Back
Top Bottom