• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

recommend me an AMD GPU thats more efficient ?

Soldato
I have 2*120mm fans on CPU radiator @ ~850rpm and one 120mm @ ~600 rpm as intakes on front of case and 1*120mm on rear as exhaust @650 rpm and GPU stays cool. I set AMD fan profile to have minimum of 500rpm which stops it ramping up and down.
GPU Idle temps are ~30C and game temps are ~GPU=60-65C, Memory Junction=60-65C, Hot Spot=70-80C. This is @stock @1200p resolution 60Hz.

Soldato
i only ran benchmark programs so far

only PCIe 3 of course but seems ok, checking it against other users in benchmarks on here seems to compete with Vega 64 at the moment, but they are running AMD CPUs
GPU score should be faster than a Vega 64, should be almost the same as a Vega VII, think I get just under 10K in Time Spy but that includes CPU score so don't know what the GPU score is?

Underboss
OP
going back to the original post
now i have my 5700 xt in, just tried my game that was giving me high temps and noise
, this is now running max 65 degrees, with the Fan speed around 35 % max 51% i saw where the Temp then dropped to around 59 degrees

load is not 99 no more either that has also dropped, fluctuates around 97% , but ive seen it in the 80's

Soldato
going back to the original post
now i have my 5700 xt in, just tried my game that was giving me high temps and noise
, this is now running max 65 degrees, with the Fan speed around 35 % max 51% i saw where the Temp then dropped to around 59 degrees

load is not 99 no more either that has also dropped, fluctuates around 97% , but ive seen it in the 80's

Was this with the additional case fans??

Underboss
OP
I have 2*120mm fans on CPU radiator @ ~850rpm and one 120mm @ ~600 rpm as intakes on front of case and 1*120mm on rear as exhaust @650 rpm and GPU stays cool. I set AMD fan profile to have minimum of 500rpm which stops it ramping up and down.
GPU Idle temps are ~30C and game temps are ~GPU=60-65C, Memory Junction=60-65C, Hot Spot=70-80C. This is @stock @1200p resolution 60Hz.

just for comparison, ive set a manual fan profile, system is still quite, im now getting 34C idle / 59C load on my GPU running Superposition at 4K

swapped out the RX580 (84 - 85 degrees on load and loud)
in goes a Red Devil 5700 XT

Load hovers around 69 degrees and its quite

now @ 59C

Underboss
OP
UPDATE

Having an 5700 XT in my system , ive got 2x case fans (shiny new ones)

Ive i put the computer on load

the GPU fans change automatically, and it will get to 55C
if i put the case fans to max, no difference
if put the GPU fans to max, no difference
If i keep the GPU fans at max and reduce the case fans or turn them off, no difference

no idea what the motherboard temps are yet, i need to look at that

im wondering if i should change my case ?

Soldato
UPDATE

If i keep the GPU fans at max and reduce the case fans or turn them off, no difference

I would suggest it. However, that depends on your budget and preference though.

Caporegime
UPDATE

You could always add more fans. I use motherboard fan splitters or a fan controller.

You need an intake fan at the bottom of the case. As well as I stakes at the front. So you should have at least 3 intake fans. In my pc I have 5 intake fans. I have two at the front and 3 at the bottom. The psu is located at the top of the case.

I then have one rear exhaust and I have the psu setup as a top rear exhaust. I also have cpu fan pushing air from bottom to the top.

Hot air rises you want to use that natural method to your advantage by having cold intakes at the bottom pushing cold air in from the bottom and forcing the hot air upwards and then out.

You also want at least 2-3 exhausts at the top and rear.

My gpu idles at 25c and never goes above 65c.

In some cases where even though there wasn't a fan slot I just placed a fan there and wired it up so it sat at the bottom of the case loose. Better that than no fan at all.

If you want decent colling corsair cases normally come with loads of fan slots or spaces for fans however they don't look aesthetic as others.

Back
Top Bottom