**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Is that not against your consumer rights ?

Yeah if it’s sim only you should be able to cancel.

It’s when you’re taking our handset contracts the don’t let you cancel if bought instore unless you have a very good reason.

Seems I am in fact stuck with it... Damn.

https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse....iew()=c{11a18a50-bcb7-11de-e56d-000000000000}

4rhOQLW.png

The "difficulties with coverage" doesn't apply as:

The coverage guarantee is for new contracts only and does not apply to upgrades.

And there's no way I could argue my product is 'defective'.

So I'm stuck. That's a huge shame.

Soldato

Man wearing Apple watch saying how he didn't take long to get used to a fingerprint sensor because he's accustomed to face unlock kind of tells you what brand of phone he spends 90 percent of his time using.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and maybe it's genuinely a 7/10 phone. I suspect that reviewers more sympathetic to Android will rate it higher.

Soldato
I'll be my own reviewer, i am normally an HTC user so know fine well how rubbish reviews can be.

HTC U12+ slated in its reviews phone is bloody excellent! Only reason I moving away from HTC is the lack of communication about updates and the speed they arrive.

Poor after sales, superb hardware.

Am hoping Samsung is much better.

Caporegime
The Ultra just seems like a 'look at what we can do' sort of phone for someone that has to have the absolute cutting edge stuff and has money to spend. 100x zoom will be blurry unless you're very steady or have a tripod/something to lean against.

S20 Plus is a better proposition, I've gone with a Three '5G ready' SIM so hopefully they start bringing more cell sites live, £11 a month for the first 6 months and £22 for the other 6 months and got the phone from Samsung direct.

Soldato
Its a complete con, especially given that third party sites will often not tell you this when you buy a Vodafone contract.

I'm on the unlimited max 5G contract with Vodafone. Paying £14 pm after cashback, best network I've used in a long time, although I've not had to deal with customer services. I can get 450mb/s on a 4g phone (speedtest). Also their roaming package is very good too.

If course it depends on location. Just dont go for the capped tariffs

Soldato
I'm looking at the paperwork I have from CPW to see if I can get out of the crappy contract within the 14 days despite what they told me.

The piece of paper actually with my signature has both a CPW logo and Vodafone logo on it and is titled "Order form for Vodafone". My signature is under the "customer agreement" section and the top says "this order is subject to Vodafone's standard terms and conditions" which I believe includes the cooling off period and ability to cancel within that, as the Vodafone guy told me.

But I think I'm going to have to argue it with CPW to return the upgrade plan as they initially told me I can't change my mind as I'm buying through a third party.

But with a bit of luck, the actual thing I've signed appears to be Vodafone terms and conditions, not CPW ones.

Might pop in the CPW store tomorrow and see what they say.

Soldato
They can return it but it's actually Vodafone that may refuse the disconnection request.
I'm looking at the paperwork I have from CPW to see if I can get out of the crappy contract within the 14 days despite what they told me.

The piece of paper actually with my signature has both a CPW logo and Vodafone logo on it and is titled "Order form for Vodafone". My signature is under the "customer agreement" section and the top says "this order is subject to Vodafone's standard terms and conditions" which I believe includes the cooling off period and ability to cancel within that, as the Vodafone guy told me.

But I think I'm going to have to argue it with CPW to return the upgrade plan as they initially told me I can't change my mind as I'm buying through a third party.

But with a bit of luck, the actual thing I've signed appears to be Vodafone terms and conditions, not CPW ones.

Might pop in the CPW store tomorrow and see what they say.

Soldato
If it's any use I once took out a Vodafone contract through a third party (an online reseller) and decided I wanted to cancel. After some to-ing and fro-ing it eventually came down to Vodafone admitting the contract should be ended by them, not the third party.

This was after I'd earlier been told by a different Vodafone rep that the reseller should deal with it.

So in my experience (and I got resolution) you need to keep at Vodafone. It was their complaints team I ended up with.

Soldato
They can return it but it's actually Vodafone that may refuse the disconnection request.
Hmm OK. I was just wondering if they'd flat out refuse anyway at CPW as per their policy on the site, they don't accept change of mind on a SIM only upgrade. Hmm.

The Vodafone staff in the call centre could see my "upgrade" and the date it went through etc. So I'm tempted to not even go to CPW (as the Vodafone guy I spoke to seemed unaware it went through CPW until I mentioned it)... And just see if Vodafone can cancel it.

Wish I didn't rush into it now in the CPW store and not signed up for this in the first place. Had about 5 minutes of my lunch break left and just rushed into it.

Soldato
If it's any use I once took out a Vodafone contract through a third party (an online reseller) and decided I wanted to cancel. After some to-ing and fro-ing it eventually came down to Vodafone admitting the contract should be ended by them, not the third party.

This was after I'd earlier been told by a different Vodafone rep that the reseller should deal with it.

So in my experience (and I got resolution) you need to keep at Vodafone. It was their complaints team I ended up with.
Thanks very much for the info!

I think I am going to push Vodafone to cancel as it does say the order is subject to their standard terms... Which includes a cooling off period. So the CPW terms seem irrelevant.

Associate
I honestly don't know why people bother with Vodafone, their main market is businesses really and they don't really care about consumers.

I use them as being rural get good building penetration (old stone thick walled buildings) with their 4G. Don't get the best data deals, though don't burn through a lot every month anyway.

wait, what? what's the point of 5G capped at 10Mbps?

Does seem a bit daft! Renewing sim only deal, agent on online sales was trying to sell me an unlimited 5G 'capped' deal and kind of made me laugh. More so as there isn't likely to be 5G round here for quite some time. Rather have my data at full speed even if it's a limited amount.

Damn it!

Can't cancel the Carphone Warehouse one either (so they told me on the day) as they said you have to sign to confirm you know you're losing your right to change your mind, as it is through a third party.

Wouldn't buy a dead cat off carphone warehouse - (not sure why anyone would buy a dead cat :D )

Back
Top Bottom