• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2070s vs. 2080s

Soldato
Hey guys,

Sorry about opening another thread on these cards :rolleyes: . Just I couldn't see much in a search..

I am sending back the faulty card (obviously), but now am undecided weather to go for a 2070s or a 2080s.

I was going to stick with the 1660s until new cards, but with that possibly being a while, I would like to up the GPU specs a bit more..

I think a 2070s will be perfect? Or is it justifiable to spend the extra 200-250 bills on the 2080s??

Cheers.

Caporegime
Pulled the trigger. 2070s it is! :)

Great deal on the Gigabyte 2070s on OCUK webby!

Triple or double fan?

The triple is noisey and doesn't run cooler either for it.

Ideally bigger fans are better than more smaller ones. They are quieter and push more air at lower speeds.

You know the 2060super is going on sale tomorrow for £299?

Man of Honour
Triple or double fan?

The triple is noisey and doesn't run cooler either for it.

Ideally bigger fans are better than more smaller ones. They are quieter and push more air at lower speeds.

You know the 2060super is going on sale tomorrow for £299?

Mine is the Gigabyte Super Gaming OC and has triple fans. Obviously during gaming it ramps up and becomes about as audible as my outgoing GTX 980 TwinFrozr V with 2 fans but otherwise is not audible. Idle temp is 50 and gaming temp is a constant 65 at its default boost OC of 1965MHz core.

Caporegime
Mine is the Gigabyte Super Gaming OC and has triple fans. Obviously during gaming it ramps up and becomes about as audible as my outgoing GTX 980 TwinFrozr V with 2 fans but otherwise is not audible. Idle temp is 50 and gaming temp is a constant 65 at its default boost OC of 1965MHz core.

that idle must be wrong mine is currently idling at 23C with the fans off.

mine is overclocked at factory then further overclocked by me. it hits 59C whilst gaming. 65C whilst being benched to the limit. again it's silent because the fans are big and they are different to most GPU fans also from what I have woned in the past. the palit super jetstream is also triple slot internally. the heatsink is massive. it's the best built card I've seen and I've owned special editions from MSI, EVGA, etc from the past 2-3 years i've owned about 10 GPU's in that time all 10 series.

Ree

Ree

Associate
i own the gaming oc and it is not noisy at all. mine boosts to 2010 on it's own at 65/66 degrees too.

54ec570c82b4bf225da2e57088746d31.png

Caporegime
i own the gaming oc and it is not noisy at all. mine boosts to 2010 on it's own at 65/66 degrees too.

54ec570c82b4bf225da2e57088746d31.png

i've been using my pc for 4 hours now and gaming on it idle has creeped up to 27C so 4C increase from a few hours back. i do have heating on at 22C so my room temp is warm. your idle is high compared to mine. and it's not a small difference either.

cramped case? poor airflow? or bad cooling on gpu?

Associate
I have the same Gigabyte card as Ree and get slightly lower temps with a good airflow case and more fans than I need, My OC'd 9600K idles at 29c, and my stock 2070s OC 3X idles at 34c in fanless mode until it hits 57C when gaming when the fans finally come on. I get about 63c maxed out. I'm totally happy with noise and performance as I can play quite a lot of games without the fans coming on at all.

If you're getting 23c at idle with no fan operating on the card like that Jetstream that doesn't operate fans till 60c then it shows what a great cooler it is, I did definitely consider it but went for the 4 year Gigabyte warranty instead.

Maybe you have fans directly blowing from the bottom of the case up to your card?

Either way that Palit cooler is clearly very good for passive fanless mode. The Gigabyte is still good and totally fit for purpose but those are amazing temps for no fan running on that Jetstream.

Ree

Ree

Associate
i've been using my pc for 4 hours now and gaming on it idle has creeped up to 27C so 4C increase from a few hours back. i do have heating on at 22C so my room temp is warm. your idle is high compared to mine. and it's not a small difference either.

cramped case? poor airflow? or bad cooling on gpu?

computer is right next to a radiator which is on. its usually about 30 ish when its off.

Man of Honour
that idle must be wrong mine is currently idling at 23C with the fans off.

mine is overclocked at factory then further overclocked by me. it hits 59C whilst gaming. 65C whilst being benched to the limit. again it's silent because the fans are big and they are different to most GPU fans also from what I have woned in the past. the palit super jetstream is also triple slot internally. the heatsink is massive. it's the best built card I've seen and I've owned special editions from MSI, EVGA, etc from the past 2-3 years i've owned about 10 GPU's in that time all 10 series.

Oops 50 idle was a mistake, here's what's what but take into note my case fans are all at low RPM mode for ultimate silence and only ramp up based on system temps rising during gaming..

Here's how the system looks right after Metro Exodus has been played:

OpenHWMon_afterGaming.png

Back
Top Bottom