Fallout 4

Associate
Hi All,

I was thinking about reinstalling and playing some Fallout 4 again. But before I do I have an issue I need to resolve and wondered if you guys could help.

I have a 9900k 32gb ram and a 1080 but the game constantly sticks on load screens for way too long. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Soldato
Like thousands of other players mine stopped working altogether on RTX Super 2060 but works ok on GTX1080 :rolleyes: Nvidia are having issues with the drivers for this!

Soldato
Hi All,

I was thinking about reinstalling and playing some Fallout 4 again. But before I do I have an issue I need to resolve and wondered if you guys could help.

I have a 9900k 32gb ram and a 1080 but the game constantly sticks on load screens for way too long. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This game loves fast RAM and SSD, I hope you have those. :)

Like thousands of other players mine stopped working altogether on RTX Super 2060 but works ok on GTX1080 :rolleyes: Nvidia are having issues with the drivers for this!

Just disable weapon debris. Apparently it's something that must be fixed by Bethesda itself (cannot be done via drivers) and since they've completely ignore it...

FTM

FTM

Soldato
since I dropped my entire fallout 4 directory onto a new m2 ssd its become a much better experience...even with a couple of hundred mods!

Soldato
This game loves fast RAM and SSD, I hope you have those. :)

Just disable weapon debris. Apparently it's something that must be fixed by Bethesda itself (cannot be done via drivers) and since they've completely ignore it...
Also disable the Creation Club mods if you have them as they also do not work properly on the RTX 2xxx series (depending on what CC mods you own!).

Soldato
As above use the load accelerator mod and also disable any FPS limiter you may have set separately in the GPU drivers (if you do this at all)

Load times FO4 more specifically in the creation engine can be affected by the above. The mod essentially unbundles vsync from the load screen so the load times be a lot quicker. It's the first mod I install whenever I play through again.

Soldato
Disable All Creation Club mods if you have an Nvidia RTX 2xxx as well as Weapon Debris. Then it works just fine.

Bethesda recently did something on the Creation Club DRM as they were accidently giving away all items for Free. Now you have to delete & redownload any CC & hope it works if you have a RTX 2xxx series GPU.

Permabanned
M.2 drive, or even a standard SSD for that matter, should sort that out.

Just to confirm though, these are problems you had on your old system ages ago and have not tried it on your current build?

Associate
I've always run FO4 on spinning rust and it's not taken what I'd consider to be a long time to load. Though I've not run it with graphics mods IIRC.

Edit: Was implying maybe something is up, either FO4 being rubbish or something else.

Back
Top Bottom