Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Associate
Oh, I remember turning some laps on this originally a while back :D

Do I need to have pTracker installed, I'm currently adding to my AC install due to a new build and fresh install.

I have CM and SOL all sorted, other than cars and tracks which is easy what else do I need..?

Soldato
Since setting up my rig, I've been mostly playing ACC but happy to go back to AC for some TT fun. I'll try to log on tonight to make sure I can connect fine then probably set some proper times over the weekend.

Associate
Ok, I'll what I can do.
Server setup is fine, but I've completely forgotten how to set up stracker, so you'll have to bear with me :o

In the meantime, shout outs to: @Born2BSlow @Yadda @PinkFloyd @Fireblade2K4 @Gixer @golfnut @rodders @MikeTheNative @MoodyB @TonyTurbo78 @V F @i-bert @Sp00n @andy_mk3 @Ryan-3 @Dup @Paddyqwerty1 @Valver @Mr.Cookie @almoststew1990 @dl8860 @magicoi @fastboy @danswan @DAIR @Oncles @Boycey0211 @Deluxe @banja @Bad_HatHarry @soundb0y @Ja5peruk @DONOHUE07

And anyone else that wants to join in!

You sir, are a legend. On the other hand it's about bloody time mate. Haven't had much excuse to run in AC lately. This is just the excuse I need...shame Automobilista2 is beta is being released as well. Could be a busy weekend. I also have to clean the mancave and check the rig for loose bolts (found on on the floor the other day).

Associate
So I've turned a few laps so far...only thing I am noticing is that it is hard to get heat into the tyres...I need to play around with the pressures, camber and toe angles a little more however I'm quite enjoying fiddling with setups again looking for a few tenths here and there.

Nice one sorting this out again @Uncle Petey

Oh and to save any confusion, I'm Stuart on the lapboards :D

Soldato
I cleaned and reconnected the pedals late last night and managed to calibrate them so things look promising. I had a look for the test server too but later saw Petey's post with the actual TT server details so I assume the test server is no more.

I've downloaded the motors and will install them later.

Marvellous. Thanks Petey.

Soldato
OP
Glad you guys are well up for it :) I need the excuse to do some driving too, as I've barely touched the wheel over the last year.

As sod's law would have it, I went to do some laps last night and my PC starts insta-rebooting as soon as I start a game or put any load on it.
This was happening to a lesser degree a few weeks ago, so I bought a new PSU (SuperFlower 650w Platinum from a 6y/o SF 1200 plat) and the issue seemed to be sorted until last night, so it looks like the mobo's buggered... ****.
Memtest is fine, so I have no idea what else it could be.

Associate
Only had 45mins free last night but managed to get a couple of laps in the oreca last night, loads of improvement to be made i keep locking up on T2 or T3 (the one after pit exit). Will get bit more time tonight after the football to improve. Ive been 1.5+ secs up on my fastest lap but binned it into the wall at the chicane.

Anyone trying this in VR? if so whats your frame rate like? i can usually run this game in VR with every setting on max and it holds 90 fps fine, since installing sol and custom shaders i cant even hit 90fps at all, turned all settings to high and tried various filters and still dropping some frames especially on the last corner (sometimes drops to 70fps)

Soldato
I only found out about the TT during season 2 but missed it all for one reason or another so yes, definitely up for this. Though years since I did any set up work* so gives me a reason to learn all that again.

@Uncle Petey How are all your temps? Only other thing that I can think of it is shuts down under load/gaming.

* Got to get those racing driver excuses in early just in case I'm really slow :D

Soldato
Anyone trying this in VR? if so whats your frame rate like? i can usually run this game in VR with every setting on max and it holds 90 fps fine, since installing sol and custom shaders i cant even hit 90fps at all, turned all settings to high and tried various filters and still dropping some frames especially on the last corner (sometimes drops to 70fps)
Yeah seemed fine, are you using the Sol VR setting under post processing filters?

Soldato
OP

What are your settings and headset?
I'm usually hitting 90fps with the following settings on a CV1, although I haven't checked on this particular track.
jviovjvbjh.jpg

@Greboth
Temps are fine. Even in extended sessions, we're looking at 50-60c for cpu/gpu.
It just reboots the instant there's any load, so temps have no chance to rise anyway.
Ordered a new board for tomorrow, so I'll guess we'll see.

Soldato
How old is your CPU? Tried to give it some more volts?
What are your settings and headset?
I'm usually hitting 90fps with the following settings on a CV1, although I haven't checked on this particular track.
jviovjvbjh.jpg

@Greboth
Temps are fine. Even in extended sessions, we're looking at 50-60c for cpu/gpu.
It just reboots the instant there's any load, so temps have no chance to rise anyway.
Ordered a new board for tomorrow, so I'll guess we'll see.

Soldato
OP
Less than 2yrs old and always been a decent chip. Had it @5ghz for a while with good volts and temps (WC).
It's currently @stock and I tried giving it a bit more juice, but no change.

Not to worry, I'll see what happens with the new board tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
On this track, it looks like the higher top speed of the Dallara is the big advantage at least with the setups you're using.
Looks pretty even elsewhere, going by the lap comparison graphs.

Back
Top Bottom