MacUpdater - I love it, anyone else using it?

Commissario
Such a great utility. I have it on both my iMac and my MacBook. It just sits there and a couple of times a day, it scans your applications for any updates.

It sounds simple and it is but the first time I ran it, there were so many updates available to applications that it just wasn't funny. It's nice to keep all the apps up to date and although the Mac App Store takes cares of anything you buy through it, it's not the same with other stuff. I find it frustrating sometimes to open an app that I want to use and find it pops up with an update and I have to wait for it to install.

With this, it sits unobtrusively in the menu bar and just gives a number showing how many updates are available. Most of them can be updated directly from within MacUpdater itself or if it needs an installer, it downloads it and triggers it for you. Some apps can't be directly updated through it but the list of programs it supports is growing all the time.

I love it. It cost me a tenner but it's well worth it. The demo version will allow you to update ten apps for free but after that you need to pay so there's no harm in giving it a try.

Note, I paid for this, I didn't get it for free and I've not been asked to post this. I just thought it's a really useful utility and wanted to share it.

pD9WFhX.png

Associate
Using 3rd party applications to update your system, no thanks would rather do it manually.

You say that but you (Or people in general) install 3rd party software on your devices. This particular piece of software is no less questionable than any of the others.

Speaking as a pentester the risk of leaving applications outdated is far greater.

Back
Top Bottom