Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Associate
I bought the new 2019 ipad air last week. Loving it! It's the perfect model for me personally.

If they release a pro model with OLED/MicroLED as rumoured then I might upgrade and give mine to the mrs.

I just look at the form factor of my 2016 Pro (and Air) compared to the 2018 Pro and know that any upgrade I do has to be to the new style.

Soldato
Dropped my 11" down the stairs yesterday. Was pretty distressing watching it bounce down before coming to rest face down on the hard floor at the bottom of the stairs.
Was in a flip case which did protect the corners but unfortunately the screen has two hairline cracks which whilst could be a lot worse annoy the hell out of me.
Once these screens have been cracked is it probably the cracks will get worse over time?

Soldato
What's the best replacement for the Air 2 at the moment? The 11" Pro comes in at £650, has the option of the pencil and has dimensions of 24.7cm x 17.9cm. The Air (2019) has a 10.5" retina display, is £409 and has dimensions of 25.1cm x 17.4cm. I'm quite happy with the dimensions of my Air 2 (24.0cm x 17.0cm) so these two seem to be the options to go for.

Primary use is watching media but I could see myself using it for notes if I had a pencil. Probably not worth it just for that though. For £250, I suppose it would only be worth it if the screen is a lot better and it is likely to last longer through upgrade cycles.

Soldato
The Pro is a very powerful machine, so any light tasks like taking notes, streaming or even MS office/pages etc. are a breeze for it. Whilst the screen isn't OLED, it is excellent. :)

Soldato
The Pro is a very powerful machine, so any light tasks like taking notes, streaming or even MS office/pages etc. are a breeze for it. Whilst the screen isn't OLED, it is excellent. :)

Turns out a new model is expected in March so I might be best holding off for a few weeks to see if the current 11” refurbs fall further.

Associate
Then again, how much would they realistically fall by? £50?

At a push. Even then, the new ones will get announced and the refurb ones will just get snapped up.

I’m half tempted just to get one now tbh-what I’ll use it for the 2018 model will be more than enough, but then we’re almost in March, I’ve got the money for it now so if the new one is £100 more then at least I’ll know that it will be that little bit faster and potentially more base storage...

Soldato
At a push. Even then, the new ones will get announced and the refurb ones will just get snapped up.

I’m half tempted just to get one now tbh-what I’ll use it for the 2018 model will be more than enough, but then we’re almost in March, I’ve got the money for it now so if the new one is £100 more then at least I’ll know that it will be that little bit faster and potentially more base storage...

That's kind of what I'm thinking... I ordered a refurb on Wednesday and was going to take it back, but if the fall in price for iPad Pro 11 refurb will be £50 to £70 it's kind of like... what's the point? Keep it before it sells out.

Associate
That's kind of what I'm thinking... I ordered a refurb on Wednesday and was going to take it back, but if the fall in price for iPad Pro 11 refurb will be £50 to £70 it's kind of like... what's the point? Keep it before it sells out.

I guess the most important questions are how are you finding it so far and if they announced new ones tomorrow would you have buyers remorse and send it back?

Soldato
I guess the most important questions are how are you finding it so far and if they announced new ones tomorrow would you have buyers remorse and send it back?

the plan is always to go for the Pro 11. It’s more what happens to the price of the refurbs.

Soldato
I'm getting quite excited too, especially that it has been announced that Apple is working on a keyboard with a built in trackpad. Will be interesting to see if I can follow through with my plan and give up laptops and desktops for good.

Associate
I'm getting quite excited too, especially that it has been announced that Apple is working on a keyboard with a built in trackpad. Will be interesting to see if I can follow through with my plan and give up laptops and desktops for good.

So hard though isn’t it?

Like I can use my iPad for 90% of things but there will be always those one or two scenarios where I’ll have to open up the MacBook.

Associate

Having thought about this further, when it’s all said and done, I’d be more annoyed that I didn’t get the refurb and it sold out, than waiting for any further reductions on the refurbs or the new model that in all fairness, will be even more expensive.

And with that, I ordered the 11” Pro this evening with the Folio case. Arrives tomorrow.

Associate
Glad we worked through it together haha. I’m not paying that much for a case so going to find one online.

Lol, I think we’ve made the right purchase.

Official covers only for me, always end up buying ones that either break or don’t fit to my liking. Might as well go for the real deal.

Associate
So the Pro arrived on Saturday and had a little play with it yesterday.

Wow what a bit of kit. That 120hz screen is something else. Everything is ridiculously fast. Films look and sound great on there.

I've had iPad's before but this is next level. Can't see me needing to upgrade for many years now (He says that now).

Really happy with it so far and that in turn means upgrades for my wife who gets my 9.7" Pro and my daughter who now has an iPad Air 2.

Soldato
After getting the 12" Pro, I regret buying my 12" ultrabook for work, as it's mostly a dust collector now.
I remember when the first iPad came out and I just thought it seemed trash. Now it can benefit so many different areas of work/persona life.

Soldato
Didn't realise the new iPad Pros are USB C. Even worse, the cable is USB C to USB C so I need to buy a new cable! Hopefully the iPhone switches to USB C this year so that I don't need to carry two cables.

Back
Top Bottom