Tumble dryer in the garage?

Caporegime
Good suggestion, but I am not going to that length for my landlord!

I'm coming up blank for Beko code. Any chance of a PM for it or something?

Code for eBay (paying via paypal) is CTWENTY but it wasn't working for a while, now it's said to be working again and only until midnight.

Don't use a buy it now, add the item you want to basket, then add the code on the checkout page to make sure it works.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
If normal ones are cheaper you can buy condenser boxes that you plug the vent pipe into...

Never used one tho; we have a Siemens IQ300 condensing dryer.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with keeping a dryer in the garage, next door do as I sometimes hear it when I pass.

I keep mine in the spare bedroom and I hang the vent hose out of the window. :cool:

Soldato
we got 1 vented (just exhuasting out and away slightly towards the door) and 1 condensing in the garage stacked and no issues at all.

Associate
Howdy folks. I have recently moved house into a property that does not have a tumble dryer. I view one as pretty much essential for life so will buy one.

The only place for it is in the garage. Obviously this will get cold in the winter. I guess dust might be a potential problem too, as the garage has a concrete floor. However, I could get a large rubber mat to put the machine on to minimise this.

I was wondering whether anyone has experience of running a dryer in a garage? I'm assuming a condensing one will be best, as I will be unable to drill a hole in the wall to exhaust via a vent. Also the electricity socket is poorly located to be able to be able to chuck a hose out of the back door.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable and good value for money machine?

Did you find a tumble dryer for the garage ? If so which one ? I’m in the same position as you were and wondering if the model you ended up buying was good for the garage ?

Soldato
We have our heatpump Samsung dryer in the garage zero issue, obviously takes longer to dry things this time of year.
But they aren't a quick dryer anyway but very economical.

Soldato
We have a condensing dryer and it has a water outlet as well as catch tank - It also turns off when clothes are dry rather than run whole cycle -Think it's a AEG -had it ten years now and still going strong -we are not a big user as most of the drying is outside on the line if possible.

Associate
I'm in the same situation as the OP, but we already have a dryer that was donated to us. No opening window in our garage, can't make a cut out, is there anything you can make to trap the moist air?

Soldato
I moved into a house recently where the dryer is in the garage. They had a mesh thing over the exhaust to catch dust, and that's it. I did query this as I looked online and it said this was a bad idea due to potential damp etc. The thing is my garage always seems relatively well ventilated. There are several vents on the sidewall and even when the dryer is on you can't feel any moisture in the air. Not sure if this is an issue or I just don't know it is an issue :)

Back
Top Bottom