anyone had a parcel delivered that was not yours, but postman took a pic of it?

Underboss
Never had this before...

out all day at work and i have a "safe place"

got a email to say its been delivered, and i can see a photo of it sticking out of my letterbox

come home, parcel is on the doormat inside the house, but its not mine

postie has put someone elses though my letterbox instead of mine

not OCUK

Soldato
Royal Mail postman? Not a parcel but I've had neighbours letter post through my letter box more than once. Usually happens when postie is not consecrating and forgets to miss out the house that has no post.

Soldato
I often have things delivered that aren’t mine, and often have things that are mine delivered elsewhere. I live on ‘123 close’ and the road right next to me is ‘123 road’. Fortunately the people who live at 123 road are really pleasant and always bring it round for me.

After an operation last year, I had some sort of report detailing everything sent to a house in my village that had no resemblance to my address, no idea how the nhs pulled that one off! Fortunately my correct address was inside and they managed to find me/drop it off!

Commissario
I suspect the photo is instead of a signature, and most parcels, certainly RM deliveries are classed as "complete" in the T&C (and I think law) if they're delivered to the premises.

Was the parcel delivered to the correct address?
If not and it was just the wrong house on the street I'd pop it into the right house, if it's completely the wrong place I'd possibly let the sender know/pop it back into the post box (or hand it over to the postie if I saw him), assuming it's an RM delivery.

Underboss
OP
I suspect the photo is instead of a signature, and most parcels, certainly RM deliveries are classed as "complete" in the T&C (and I think law) if they're delivered to the premises.

Was the parcel delivered to the correct address?

Was my parcel delivered at the correct address ? i.e. here ? no

we have no idea where my parcel is at the moment, i took the "wrong delivered" parcel to the correct address and nobody was home, so i do not know if my parcel got delivered there

I phoned Customer Services, and they are sending me a new one, should be here
tomorrow

being as its a new order (free of charge) if the other one turns up, ill just refuse it

Soldato
Never had this before...

out all day at work and i have a "safe place"

got a email to say its been delivered, and i can see a photo of it sticking out of my letterbox

come home, parcel is on the doormat inside the house, but its not mine

postie has put someone elses though my letterbox instead of mine

not OCUK
How have you got the delivery confirmation image if it's not your parcel? Surely that would be linked to the correct recipients details?
Either way, just contact whoever delivered it and they can sort it I'm sure.

Underboss
OP
How have you got the delivery confirmation image if it's not your parcel? Surely that would be linked to the correct recipients details?

because he took a photo of a parcel in my letterbox with a camera, and uploaded it to my account, he didn't read who it was addressed to properly ?

yes i did contact company, new ones arriving today

Soldato

I assume the post man was delivering a parcel to the OP but instead posted the wrong parcel through the letter box. Even then I still don't know how as he would have had to scan the label on the parcel in order to mark it as delivered and upload photo to the account.

Back
Top Bottom