• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Depends on the severity, which AMD's look to been quite severe. On a plus point they look to have sold a LOT of Navi cards so that would cause more complaints to be visible this last few months.

Frankly, i am just glad to see releases from both companies that target issues rather than gaming speed increases.

Not had an nvidia card since my 1070 3 years ago Anything much changed in drivers that are important to know? Like quality settings etc that are low by default etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Need some help guys.

Was just doing some video editing in Sony Vegas, Vegas crashed my system now only 1 of my triple monitors is being detected. I've removed the driver restarted pc but still only 1 monitor is being picked up. So did a full removal of all traces with ddu and restarted but still only 1 of 3 monitors is being detected. I've just put on the new driver twice, 3 monitors are now detected but there seems to be no NCP available to open, it's just simply not showing. No idea what the hell is going on here, its installed on system but nothing on task bar and nothing in the menu when I right mouse button click on the desktop.

It seems like the driver isnt completely installing for some reason. Its pops up with the final window asking to pin shortcut to geforce experience on desktop plus run geforce experience, but theres only a close button on the button and not a finish or complete, seems odd. The pc doesnt even restart, not even doing a manual restart seems to finalise the driver.

Any ideas guys?

Last edited:
Soldato
Need some help guys.

Was just doing some video editing in Sony Vegas, Vegas crashed my system now only 1 of my triple monitors is being detected. I've removed the driver restarted pc but still only 1 monitor is being picked up. So did a full removal of all traces with ddu and restarted but still only 1 of 3 monitors is being detected. I've just put on the new driver twice, 3 monitors are now detected but there seems to be no NCP available to open, it's just simply not showing. No idea what the hell is going on here, its installed on system but nothing on task bar and nothing in the menu when I right mouse button click on the desktop.

It seems like the driver isnt completely installing for some reason. Its pops up with the final window asking to pin shortcut to geforce experience on desktop plus run geforce experience, but theres only a close button on the button and not a finish or complete, seems odd. The pc doesnt even restart, not even doing a manual restart seems to finalise the driver.

Any ideas guys?

is nvcplui.exe in \program files\nvidia corp\control panel client ? If so run it.

Also try a reinstall without a network connection in case windows update is doing something daft

Soldato
Not even a folder labelled control panel client. I did a search for nvcplui.exe, nothing found. I've tried installing the most recent and the previous one about 6 times now, it's the same every time.

I've found the NVCP on Windows Store, installed it that way and is now showing up, but nothing in the nvidia installation folder location.

Very very weird.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Happens everytime to me thats why i said it was a mockery of an os. Forcing first DCH and then average joe using DCH download has no nvcpgui and has to download it from the store.

Welcome to Windows 11.

Soldato
Oh ok, I should have read back a page or so.

Question guys, tell me if I'm wrong here. Because im having issues here, things dont seem right. Computer feels leggy, just different to how it was, might need to do a windows reinstall here.

But here is the thing, Windows should detect 3 screens right even without an Nvidia driver, that's always been the way hasnt it?? Its getting late, I'm getting frustrated. But now, it's not even picking up my 3 screens in windows, the other 2 stay in standby.

Soldato
Oh ok, I should have read back a page or so.

Question guys, tell me if I'm wrong here. Because im having issues here, things dont seem right. Computer feels leggy, just different to how it was, might need to do a windows reinstall here.

But here is the thing, Windows should detect 3 screens right even without an Nvidia driver, that's always been the way hasnt it?? Its getting late, I'm getting frustrated. But now, it's not even picking up my 3 screens in windows, the other 2 stay in standby.
are the monitors being detected in device manager when you expand the Monitors tree? You could also try in device manager going to the display adaptor and try rolling back the driver.

Soldato
are the monitors being detected in device manager when you expand the Monitors tree? You could also try in device manager going to the display adaptor and try rolling back the driver.

Only way I can get them detected now for some reason is to reinstall nvidia driver, never had this problem before. Windows should always detect monitors when connected. Something strange going on with this blinking PC last few days.

Caporegime
GeForce 442.59 Game Ready Driver

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready for Call of Duty: Warzone

The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Call of Duty: Warzone.

Learn more in our Game Ready Driver article here.
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/442.59/442.59-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf
http://it.download.nvidia.com/Windows/442.59/442.59-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

(CLEAN DRIVER SOON)

V F

V F

Soldato
Looking through the release notes, I can't see any worthwhile improvements from 430. Unless I'm missing something...

Permabanned
Fails for me same as previous ballsup driver, I managed to get some kind of install using DriverFusion as nothing else worked inc a DDU and full clean iinstall for .50 but the NCP is from Windows store so DCH crap and Audio driver seem missing (not that I use that).

I'm going to try .59 after DDU as I have grabbed the full non DHC installer from Guru3D.

Funny thing is I got the driver at exactly the same time as a Windows KB was installing (both drivers/occasions).

Back
Top Bottom